ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sick of clio problems!!

Clio MK 4
Every month i have a problem. My radiator went and had to replace that in january then in february my car wouldnt start had to get it towed and found my battery was knackerd as was my cv boot and had to replace 2 tyres at same time and now my cv joint or what ever has properly gone and need something else doing which is costing 300 quid!!!

Explains why it was creaking so bad on left turn.

people are telling me i should get a new car but iv only had it 6 months and love it but its costing so much. i struggle everymonth.

Got their courtesy car which is mni cooper (first time driven one) and the build quality is imense compared to clio. no rattles and so smooth. quicker than i thought but obviously not punchy like my 172 but i can imagine the cooper s being really good.

Monaco Blue 172
just bad luck mate... sometimes u get em sometimes u dont. i was lucky with my last car... but den i did ave my headgasket and a whole of other things go wrong, so probly make up for it

EP3 Civic Type R
My Mk1 valver did that too me... through everything it had at me, 2 broken gearboxes (I do know how to use a clutch, the French just can't build 'boxes) haha and loads of niggly things, but once I'd got over the worse I loved it even more.

My RS Turbo was the same. Wrapped in cotton wool and it just tried and tested me every single week. Others rag there car to death and nothing happens. Seems luck of the draw unfortunately.

Stick at it, seems like you've had your run of bad luck so hopefully things can only get better! :)

BMW bus
My VTS was the same, every frickin month it was something or other, I swear over the years I owned that car I must have replaced pretty much every component on it. I loved that car and hated it in equal amounts.
My mate has got one and he treats it like total sh*t, never EVER washes it, doesnt get it serviced and yet his has been faultless.

Just luck of the draw I guess:dapprove:

Clio MK 4
ye i mean radiator i guess fair enough it happens as does battery being over 5 years old as for this cv thing i think its always been dodgy on that side. I'm hoping this is the last of it all.

Got mot in april so thats more money lol.

Between all that i'm trying to save for coilovers but not doing to well. only got 260 so far!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
sounds like a Friday car... :(

i've had two RS's now... one being six years old, and i've never had much trouble. just wear and tear

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Problems problems problems with mine. Just got it back from the garage for the third time in 3 months today. Warranties FTW!

i know how it feels, the first year i bought my clio i had non stop problems every month

its even worse when your forking out money out a 1.2 though

Clio MK 4
i know how it feels, the first year i bought my clio i had non stop problems every month

its even worse when your forking out money out a 1.2 though

Problem with the renault sports is everything costs double due to parts and the fact its so crammed in the engine bay.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
dont worry mate ur probs aint that bad compared to mine im on my 3rd engine now and its haven a new head as we speak

Mini Cooper S sport
Oh dear, Friday afternoon car! :(

Mine had a couple of warranty-fixable things go wrong when I first had it but luckily it's been brilliant for the last 2 and a half years.