ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side exit exhausts

Evo 6, E92 320d
Whilst removing my back box last weekend i noticed how easy it would be to run a 45degree pipe to the side of my car making it side exit. 1stly would this be road/mot legal(no backbox or baffle) and 2ndly any pics, especially on clios.

I had one on my valver, the loss of torque is phenomenal! it was stupid loud too, but the flames made up for it lol, the legal requirement is for it to exit within 6in of the bodywork.

RenaultSport 172.
i got one on the rl ****...

Idels s**t...but as said above...the flames and noise make up for it!
bare in mind tho, even though it will be legal, you probley wont pass a MOT with it due to the emmisions(sp?)

RenaultSport 172.
Becuase not everyone wants their clio to look the same....
i.e turinis and a yozzasport e.t.c.

people like to be diffrent, nout wrong with that!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yum

22735-test-drift2.jpg

172 Cilo phase 1
If you get Side exit exhausts make sure you tell the insurance companies as you dont want some silly cow walking passed ya motor doing her shopping and burning her leg on the zoerst then putting a claim in.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Ive seen some cars with exhausts comin out of the boot but i imagine thats pretty dangerous higly illegal.

Amen to that!

I want my car to be different too, that's why I'm keeping it standard.

Vw caddy tdi
To loud on NA renault in my opinion , works well on r5 tub cos cuts exhaust back pressure and lag down! Turbos recycle the exhaust gases/noise hence the burble which almost makes the noise of a side exit bareable for the preformance gains..Noisey

182 and 5 GTT
Ive got a sidey on my 5gtt and it sounds awesome. Couldnt live with one on an everyday car though!

RenaultSport 172.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage#16v

Amen to that!

I want my car to be different too, that's why I'm keeping it standard.

=]

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
Ive got a sidey on my 5gtt and it sounds awesome. Couldnt live with one on an everyday car though!

Me too a K-Tec one, my cup wont be seeing one tho should a company make one. The cup will settle for a K-TEC stealth wen my backbox falls off lol...

Does sound mint on my 5 tho but its not really different as alotof 5 GTT owners have one.

182 and 5 GTT
Yeah mines from k-tec aswell. Not too impressed with the fit tbh but i got it cheap so cant really complain, and the noise it makes combined with a big air filter on full boost more than makes up for it!

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
Yeah mines from k-tec aswell. Not too impressed with the fit tbh but i got it cheap so cant really complain, and the noise it makes combined with a big air filter on full boost more than makes up for it!

You can say that again although went out in the 5 today and it is mega lumpy on idle only set the carb up last week... messed around with the mixture etc today to no avail... round my mates tomorrow to re-set it up as he got an air/fuel ratio machine...