ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sidelights - New bulbs

Focus ST
Discovered the other night that BOTH of my sidelights had gone out

What bulbs y'all running?

Want something super white, eBay bulbs any good?

T

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Same for me . Ultraleds.co.uk but for some reason they've stopped selling the ones i have . Mine have been fine for a couple of years also .

clio 1.2 16v,
if that happens mate you running the wrong bulb "wite16valver"

get some xenongas sidelights they are not as bright as the leds but good for teh money. other than that make sure you dont go about 5 leds will just keep f**king up your lights

quads are the best imo, or you can go for 1w ultras

if that happens mate you running the wrong bulb "wite16valver"

get some xenongas sidelights they are not as bright as the leds but good for teh money. other than that make sure you dont go about 5 leds will just keep f**king up your lights

quads are the best imo, or you can go for 1w ultras
Which bulbs are wrong? The sidelights or the H4s?

The LED sidelights were s**t IMO (they were the white versions of these: http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/u5016a-a....html?osCsid=7bf438a8cb0cd9e46d77a881cfc10aa2)

They simply can't take the heat. I had two sets then realised the error of my ways and went PIAA sidelights (the H222s - my main H4s are PIAA too).

Strangely, the long comments about poor quality and the need to go for 'normal' bulbs if you have decent headlights that I put in the feedback and ratings section of the LED site mysteriously disappeared... :rolleyes:

Polo + Micra
i wouldn't put an led sidelight lamp in the same unit as a H4 lamp tbh

but with seperate lamps for dipped/main and the sidelight being in the main section i would say leds would be fine (unless you use your main beam alot)

Clio 182
Tupps you gimp, you should know i have a few spares kicking around until you get some new ones