ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sigma 10-20mm

172 Cup
I was hoping to buy this lens within the next 2 weeks and was just hoping for some input from here.

I currently have Canon 350d with kit lens and 50mm f1.8 prime.

I was hoping to go for a 10-20mm to add to my collection, generally would be used for car photography and general photo taking ie. family events etc.

Has anyone got any sample pictures with this lens by any chance?

Just hoping for some advice before I go ahead and purchase it.

Thanks

RS Megane DCi 175
It's a cracking lens - although not great for the types of photography you've mentioned due to the extreme distortion you get with it.

Saying that you can get very dynamic portraits with it and I do tend to use the 10-20mm on my car rig photos. Have a look at the flickr photo groups is probably your best bet though! I love mine, and luckily I managed to buy one before the price hike!

Wide FTW!

3959139545_4cee7eaf31_b.jpg

4250441449_5be9bd5cc9_o.jpg

3774155813_6c52bb34fb_b.jpg

172 Cup
Wow those pictures are brilliant!

Thank you for all the information hopefully ordering anytime soon.

I've got the MK1 original version which is awesome, i heard somewhere that they've now released a MK2 which has a lower aperture

Yea think thats the Sigma 10-20mm F3.5

Megane
Nice shots Revels, I have the 10-22mm. Did you use a CPL on the last shot? I have heard it is a pain to get one for these because of viginetting.

Cupra
I had the Tokina 12-24 f4 which was a bit cheaper than the Sigma. If you don't need the extra 2mm at the wide end, it might also be worth checking out.

172 Cup
Thanks for adding those pictures with the cars, looks good.

I'll have a look into the Tokina 12-24, thanks Andy.

Citroen DS3 White
I got a Siggy 10-20 a few weeks ago, it's bloody marvellous. Heard that the f4 is sharper than the f3.5, cheaper too.

Found it cheapest at HDEW, grey import but for £275 I wasnt complaining since they go for £300 second hand, £400 new.

IIRC the f/4 is sharper at wide open than the f/3.5 but at like for like apertures they perform equally. Basically the f/3.5 is just an f/4 with the extra stop.

172 Cup
I got a Siggy 10-20 a few weeks ago, it's bloody marvellous. Heard that the f4 is sharper than the f3.5, cheaper too.

Found it cheapest at HDEW, grey import but for £275 I wasnt complaining since they go for £300 second hand, £400 new.

Just had a look on there and couldn't find it.

Do you have a link please?

Has anyone any experience with the Tokina 11-16mm f2.8?

I've read that it's awesomely sharp, and the girl at the shop today was near enough creaming herself over it lol

Not as long, obviously, but it's faster!

Cupra
Its supposed to be almost prime like in quality. 11-16 is not a huge range but it all depends on whether you need the 2.8 or not.

Build quality of the Tokinas is very very good.