ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silicone elbow or oem? - v6 airbox in a ph2

Yup, another v6 thread. :(

Just fitted the Espace airbox into the ph2. Damn its a squeeze.

I've had to cut an inch n half off the stock bend to jam the box in. Due to this it joins at the corrugated bit and while its a damn tight fit seemed to work.

It replaced a pipercross cone filter that the last owner fitted so a small blast around the city later and it sounds great, not louder but just a bit of a deeper rumble under acceleration.

Until the bend came off the airbox that is. :dead:

Wedged it back on and put the other jubilee clip on to try and keep it there. But it's not a great fit.

If I pickup one of the 20odd squid 90degree bends are they flexible enough to go into a kinda weird S shape and have enough give for engine movement? As where the box seems to sit the bend would go around (90° )and then err down/up a bit.

The box is jammed in with no movement with the rubber band, so I don't see how with the silicone bend that it'll stay connected when the engine moves.

Poor cam photos to try and show what I mean...

http://img269.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc00282grd.jpg

Think the 3rd pick with the flash shows how it bends in two directions best. :S