ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio V6 Ownership Thread.

Awesome write up tbf. Sad I know, but I always smile about my 172 cup... It's my baby and owning one of these will probably only ever be a dream. Lol looks lush tho. Best colour IMO too :)

Petrol Blue 182.
Awesome write up tbf. Sad I know, but I always smile about my 172 cup... It's my baby and owning one of these will probably only ever be a dream. Lol looks lush tho. Best colour IMO too :)

Thanks for the comments! :)

Alignment should improve things no end, both tyre wear and handling wise. Cracking write up so far but you need to get doing more! ;-)

Yeah, the car drives straight, but the steering wheel is off centre at the moment, thought best to get it done whilst it's down there for a couple of days.
Won't be doing much to it tbh Rob, going to add a 197 steering wheel to the list however, looks alot more modern and suits the car well.

An orange one
Popped out earlier in mine to do a spot of weekly shopping!

Never fails to amuse me the peculiar looks you get as you stick your shopping bags "on the engine" lol ;)

These cars are surprisingly spacious, 4 bags in the front and 3 on the ledge behind the seats! Done.

9247DD34-56E1-4D1E-854C-33F15F186B76-1590-00000103936CBF82_zps42351975.jpg

06AC50AD-337F-40E8-BC7C-EE2DDCE2CFAC-1590-000001039DCA83B1_zps7112e823.jpg

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Haha epic! Looks great Colin.

Wouldn't mind a passenger ride out in it one day if you don't mind. Never been in one :(.

Petrol Blue 182.
Haha! It's going to be tight taking it to Le Mans. Extra space aquired though ;)

On a side note, it's now at SG Motorsport having a check over, service and alingment.
Pick her up Saturday hopefully with nothing else added to the bill!

An orange one
Haha epic! Looks great Colin.

Wouldn't mind a passenger ride out in it one day if you don't mind. Never been in one :(.

Not a problem at all matey, where abouts you from exactly?

Fire me over your mobile number and I'll send you a text when I'm around and have a spare seat lol

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Still not seen this Ryan :dapprove:

​Looks awesome mate.

Petrol Blue 182.
Service Time - 11/05/2013

The Vee was due and oil and filter change as it had a major service last year.

I'd decided to use SG Motorsport as the prefered garage to look after the Vee whilst it's in my possesion. Scott has a huge following in the V6 world and there isn't anything he doesn't know about them.

I dropped the car down to him on Tuesday and arranged to collect the car the following Saturday.
Scott carried out the service on the car, as well as the four wheel alignment which I'd asked to be done.

I got a call Friday night to say the car was all ok, Scott had had to replace a rear track control adjustment screw as it had bent.

As well as checking the car over and pointing out a few things to keep an eye on over the year or so (front springs are rusted and are prone to cracking) he cleared my ECU fault codes as there were quite a few on there. (all to do with failed coils)
He also noted the the clutch biting point was high (which it is) but as long as it's not slipping it's fine for now.

Expected Costs
Service - £171.29
Four wheel alignment - £75
2x coils (spares incase anymore fail) - £57.34

Unexpected Costs
Rear track control arm - £40.23
Fog light (cracked on the journey down) - Not replaced yet

Total - £343.86

Great service from Scott and highly recomend him!

Luke, I know buddy. When the sun comes out, we'll grab some pics.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Brilliant read, another car to add to my wish list.. Its getting longer and longer lol

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
£345 for a service just paid more to get the 172 through a mot and prepped for the track.

Will have a Clio v6 one day.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Haha! It's going to be tight taking it to Le Mans. Extra space aquired though ;)

On a side note, it's now at SG Motorsport having a check over, service and alingment.
Pick her up Saturday hopefully with nothing else added to the bill!

​You have to take a roof box!! Will look epic!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Its best to replace all 6 coils at the same time, my dad had the same trouble with 1 going then another...replaced all 6 and has done 40k without another going.

Ph1 172.
I absolutely love my V6. Very, very happy that I decided to actually get one after a very long time 'umming' and 'ahhhing' Anybody considering one, just go out and do it.

Petrol Blue 182.
​You have to take a roof box!! Will look epic!

;)

Its best to replace all 6 coils at the same time, my dad had the same trouble with 1 going then another...replaced all 6 and has done 40k without another going.

Big problems with the original Sagem items, pretty much everyone uses Valeo ones now. Checked all of mine which are Valeo bar one.

Hopefully that one will last for a while.

Petrol Blue 182.
Yeah, it is/was a very common issue, hence why mine are now in the glovebox with an 8mm socket!

V6 255
I had all 6 done end of August, keep meaning to get a spare just in case...

ETA - though could do with seeing a 'how to' as don't really know how to change or check which one is dead if one did go, though having one I suppose a local garage could sort and show me how

Last edited:
  Mark 1 Clio V6
I had problems with coils on my first Vee.

None so far on my second (touch wood) although it is a garage ***** mostly.
I believe the first owner changed them all.

Ph1 172.
I carry a spare and an 8mm socket and just hope that it is not one of the 3 under the plenum on the phase 1.

An orange one
I had all 6 done end of August, keep meaning to get a spare just in case...

ETA - though could do with seeing a 'how to' as don't really know how to change or check which one is dead if one did go, though having one I suppose a local garage could sort and show me how

Dead easy mate especially on the ph2, covers off and you will see the 6 coils looking at you, now with the engine running pull off the connector to each coil one by one and when you reach the dead one the car will obviously not drop down to running on 4 but stay on 5.

8mm socket and extension bar, undo the nut, pull out coil being careful not to lose the nut and swap it over, tighten nut and replace connector and should have it running on 6 again.

My personal best is around 5 minutes to change at the roadside :)

V6 255
Dead easy mate especially on the ph2, covers off and you will see the 6 coils looking at you, now with the engine running pull off the connector to each coil one by one and when you reach the dead one the car will obviously not drop down to running on 4 but stay on 5.

8mm socket and extension bar, undo the nut, pull out coil being careful not to lose the nut and swap it over, tighten nut and replace connector and should have it running on 6 again.

My personal best is around 5 minutes to change at the roadside :)

Cheers pal :)

Petrol Blue 182.
I'll be stickering on the Wednesday mate, are you off? Not many, just random stickers really. No real theme, I wasn't able to get the decals I wanted :(

An orange one
Had a coil go today in the middle of Newcastle, thankfully I carry my 8mm socket and a spare, was back up and running in about 5 minutes!

​have to order up a new spare one now

Clio V6
Doh, not had a coil go before Colin. Good effort sorting it in 5 minutes :)

Went for a spin round Exeter today. On the way home I was in a 40 zone and some bellend in a Seat Ibiza approached from behind doing about 80 and proceeded to start tailgating me. I did my usual thing, slowing down, stopping, then signaling them to go by before heading off again. They took exception to this by veering all over the road with their hazard lights on before eventually storming off again. Some people are utter cretins :(

Clio 182 FF
Was just reading Jalopnik article about F1 test days, it mentioned that Jenson Button drove a Clio V6 to the track when he was driving for Renault. Wonder where that car is now?

An orange one
Was just reading Jalopnik article about F1 test days, it mentioned that Jenson Button drove a Clio V6 to the track when he was driving for Renault. Wonder where that car is now?

Was for sale a couple of years back, a member on v6clio.net went to view it, think it was a right nail!