ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Clio V6 Ownership Thread.

Was just reading Jalopnik article about F1 test days, it mentioned that Jenson Button drove a Clio V6 to the track when he was driving for Renault. Wonder where that car is now?

Jenson Buttons car was a Mars Red phase 1 v6, number #199 registration - HT51 KNG.

Last time i saw it, it had a supercharger fitted and was having a few engine issues. Hopefully it has been sorted out and is still going.

Petrol Blue 182.
I've only got one coil left that isn't valeo. Spares in the glovebox ready to pounce.

Using it as a daily atm also!

Ph2 1.6 5 door
could only dream about a V6...clio's aren't common in australia...a V6? as far as i know there's about 5 or 6 in the country...and aussie car import laws make it fairly impossible to bring one in

Petrol Blue 182.
850 miles covered in the last 4 days, 3 tanks of fuel used which wasn't too bad considering we were cruising at 80/90 for the duration.

Plus tunnel blasts with Corvettes took the consumption down slightly!

The Vee performed great. No coil packs going, no brake downs and no catching on fire.

9127864195_5fc0fbd1b7_z.jpg

Rolex V6 by couzens1989, on Flickr

Lionel Richie
could only dream about a V6...clio's aren't common in australia...a V6? as far as i know there's about 5 or 6 in the country...and aussie car import laws make it fairly impossible to bring one in

I'm wanting to bring mine over but its looking difficult!

Petrol Blue 182.
^Missed that, thank you.

Off the road now for the winter. I bought my self a new daily hack to use, a 323i Sport Touring.

Taken the front wheels off, which will allow me to finally change the front fog lights which have cracked.

My god do I miss driving it. Hurry up spring!

DSC_0006_zps3d863d02.jpg

Petrol Blue 182.
Back on the road.

Insurance - £52 change over fee.
Tax - £154.
MOT - £50.
Fuel - £40.
Service - TBC

£296 pre service, to get her back on the road.

Things to do pre sale, front end respray and two fog lights.

Not a 320d
Got to love these especially in Mars Red. Seem to be rare with very few on PH, ive seen one Mars Red on the road I think and a LY at Cadwell Park on RS track days, the odd blue one wafting about.....

I also cant believe how they have either held or gone up in value over the last 5 years making them in my mind expensive cars for two seats and minimal practicality. I mean with a single parking space I can only have one car but where do I fit the Christmas tree or Garden furniture set. An e92 bmw is bad enough.

Running costs dont sound too bad despite what people have said. £250 for two rear tyres aint something to moan about. How much are cambelt services?

Seriously cool car, absolutely love the look of ColinG's as well.

Suzuki Jimny
I also cant believe how they have either held or gone up in value over the last 5 years making them in my mind expensive cars for two seats and minimal practicality.

You're right. Can't believe how much classic ferraris sell for when they are even less practical.

Satchel.

Got to love these especially in Mars Red. Seem to be rare with very few on PH, ive seen one Mars Red on the road I think and a LY at Cadwell Park on RS track days, the odd blue one wafting about.....

I also cant believe how they have either held or gone up in value over the last 5 years making them in my mind expensive cars for two seats and minimal practicality. I mean with a single parking space I can only have one car but where do I fit the Christmas tree or Garden furniture set. An e92 bmw is bad enough.

Running costs dont sound too bad despite what people have said. £250 for two rear tyres aint something to moan about. How much are cambelt services?

Seriously cool car, absolutely love the look of @ColinG's as well.
A cambelt is a grand easily, but then you get the water pump done, and clutch etc too. So all in all, easily £1500 upwards.

It's only every five years etc. You will find a lot of sellers selling theirs when it's all due though as they don't want to pay for the big service. I've spent around £2500 on mine in the past year or so.

182 (Cup packs)
Thank you couzens:D She's safety back to her new home in lincolnshire!

Awful weather on the drive home but fortunately that v6 purrr kept me in high spirits all the way back, as promised I will take good care of her!

thanks, chilli :D

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Congratulations indeed Chilli, you've got a good straight and honest v6 there, at a bargain price!! Look after it, and your money will be safe for long time to come I hope.

Hope to see it again soon. Enjoy!!

Petrol Blue 182.
Thank you couzens:D She's safety back to her new home in lincolnshire!

Awful weather on the drive home but fortunately that v6 purrr kept me in high spirits all the way back, as promised I will take good care of her!

thanks, chilli :D

Glad you got home alright. Sounded so good as she rumbled off! Enjoy :)