ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silly Climate problem - nope, not the cable tie fix

Clio 172 PH2 Flamer
Hi Guys,

Got a strange problem on the climate control of the Clio, If i have my temp set to max and start the engine, low and behold, hot air, if I then try and change this using the climate temp buttons, although the display moves the heat doesnt change.

If I then set it to minimum, turn off the car and then back on, lo and behold it will blow cold air, touching the temps on the display doesnt change the actual temp.

Im presuming as it can blow both it is not the infamous cog / cable tie fix, more like a sensor or something like that.

Anyone been able to fix this?

Thankyou in advance

Paul

Clio 172 PH2 Flamer
Never mind guys, previous owner had disconnected the interior light CC sensor, plugged it back in made a s**t load of noise when turned on but now just blows hot air where it used to change and reset from and engine off, now even with that sensor unplugged its just constantly hot :(

Ho well, ill get another interior sensor and go from there!

BG FF182
Got the same problem on my 182. Not looked at the interior sensor yet.

Got told it would need further investigation from the renault garage as it was nothing obvious.

Likewise any help much appreciated

182 Full of Fat
Sometimes mine works fine, sometimes it doesn't! So annoying.....same with my AC, some days it's cold as hell from the off and on another day it just gets warmer and warmer after a few minutes!

BG FF182
Should I have something attached to the red connector, and if so would it be a sensor thingy to get my climate control to change temperature?

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 330
  Clio 172 PH2 Flamer
thats completley different to mine mate.....my climate sensor is like a large torpedo, I dont have that other black thingy you have there mines a ph2 172..

BG FF182
I don't know what the black thing in my photo is for, it's got a small blue bit that shows up in the cabin.

As for the torpedo shaped bit, I don't have a space like that where the small vents are.

Mine's an 05 182.

It's all too confusing for my simple brain :S

Clio 172 PH2 Flamer
hmm i think you have the new climate control sensor, much more improved than my version i.e it doesnt need a fan and therefore doesnt make a racket (like mine did before replacement) you just need to pull the black thing out and find a part number on it, also may be worth asking someone with a 182 to pull thiers down and have a look, ours is very different! but defo looks like your missing something there mate! for a start looks like theres 2 screw holes there for something to attach to!