ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver cup

"Puts on flame proof boxers"

i have found alot of cup drivers talk a lot of crap about their cars lol ffs who cares if the silver one will be worth more whats an extra 500 or so between friends christ sake your cars gonna be worth fook all anyway after a year or two

how many cup owners bought their cup foir what it really is ??

and the first one who says its a stripped out race car gets a slap

How is it tripe????

The silver cup will be alot rarer than any blue cup or any 172!!!!

1000s of blue cups and obviously 172s have been produced, whereas say 500 silver cups. In the long run they will be more sought after as there were little numbers produced.

Cant seem them being more sought after since silver is the most common 172 colour and ive got a feeling that ppl who will seak out Cups in a few years will be looking for the original colour.

A large part of the popularity of the CUP is down to the blue colour. If the 172 had been made in that colour from the outset it would be by far the biggest selling.

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 05 January 2004

Cant seem them being more sought after since silver is the most common 172 colour and ive got a feeling that ppl who will seak out Cups in a few years will be looking for the original colour.
Maybe theyll be seeking out the genuine article......the 172 ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Not everyone likes the blue... For example all the people that bought the silver Cup.

I personally think the blue is nice, and would have had it in blue, but if you ask me today which I would prefer I would say silver, because the cup blue is more common round my area than the silver 172.

So if I was to buy a Cup today, and had the choice I would go for silver.

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 05 January 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 05 January 2004

Maybe theyll be seeking out the genuine article......the 172 ;)

Yeah all those mums wanting a nice little comfy/"nippy" cheap run around might seek them.:D

Thing is, a Cup is about so much more than just a colour.

I like Silver and I like Blue, would have probably gone for one in silver - had I been given a choice when I bought mine. Its understated but with the excellent Cup characteristics, and however much people bang on about there being too many silver 172s around, how often do you see them in everyday driving!!! every other car? - I dont think so!!!

Its the handling and sheer responsiveness / performance that sets it apart as a Cup.