ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silverstone #44

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Time to start pushing for a bare metal/plastic respray?

Imo yes, they may think it's unreasonable but i'm sorry. That's not the way you bought the car. You just have to be confident and know what you're entitled to.

Such a lovely car this mate, shame about your paint issues though :( I'm guessing it's been sent to Cat-uk in Southampton? If it was going to teesport I would guarantee a perfect job, that's where the 200 Raiders get sent for paint defects as the painter there is top notch.

Such a lovely car this mate, shame about your paint issues though :( I'm guessing it's been sent to Cat-uk in Southampton? If it was going to teesport I would guarantee a perfect job, that's where the 200 Raiders get sent for paint defects as the painter there is top notch.

Well that should come in very handy for me, god forbid Ill ever need it though

GTD, Lupo
Ok small update, the car came back on Saturday morning and today I set about fitting my H&Rs that have been say in the garage for the last two months.

The paint job is at a standard that I'm happy to have the car now. Still not perfect but I'm starting to think it never will be.

Anyways here are some crappy iPhone pics until my AF package turns up tomorrow and I crack out the SLR.

null_zps8df84261.jpg

null_zps04d0a96a.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Such a shame about the hassle because I love the thing! Silver has suited the 200 so well!

GTD, Lupo
Ok so the car came back about to weeks ago so i decided to fit my H&R spring. After 2 failed attempts ages ago it all went pretty smoothly, just a couple of cuts.

This week i have changed the oil and serviced the brakes as they were squeaking a lot and at times seem pretty poor. I also gave the hubs a spray whilst the wheels were off as i was sick of all the corrosion dripping onto the inside of the wheels and turning them orange.

Just a few pictures after spending the last few days giving the car a total going over.

DSC_0301_zpsec582601.jpg

DSC_0302_zpsddac9579.jpg

DSC_0303_zpsfaf29a8b.jpg

DSC_0308_zps7712a4c8.jpg

DSC_0306_zpse834b41d.jpg

DSC_0310_zps6d8e61bf.jpg

Really happy with the way the car sits now so think i will be leaving it alone for a while. However i do have some carbon wing mirror caps and spoiler tips to fit plus i need to make some small carbon spats to stop the stones hitting the rear wings but that can wait.

Not sure if im going to make FCS as i have too work but i might be able to get out of it nearer the time.:eek:

GTD, Lupo
Ok biggish update on this. Having looked over the car a little closer since it's last respray at Catservices I decided under the advice of many people to get an independent engineers report carried out on the car.

The result of the engineers report concluded the paint finish was of a very poor standard and had devalued the car significantly. The engineers report also mention that if I was purchasing the car they would advise me not to.

So with the report I took a trip down to my local solicitors. After a small fee and a good 3 hour appointment I left with a letter for RCI and RUK with a list of demands (mainly money back and for them to take the car back) I included printed pictures and a copy of the engineers report and gave them 14 days to repond or court proceedings will begin.

Since then a chap from RUk has been out and confirmed the car is screwed and I have been told I should have an offer by the end of the week. I have made it very clear that I don't want another respray as some of the paint readings on the car are already up in the 400+ microns. After almost 16 months hopefully this will be over and the car will be gone.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
It's a real shame as it's such a stunning car, I fell in love with it at Castle Combe. Kudos for keeping at RUK mate, hope the result is what you are hoping for.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
It's a pity Renault completely fucked the paintwork as it's a great looking car.

I'll give you a hand if you want a put it back to standard.

GTD, Lupo
Cheers Lawro, real shame as I wanted to keep the car before all this happened.

Last new Renault for me after this one. Renault UK as a company are incompetent. I end up calling RUK at least 4 times a day just to make sure they are doing something to keep things moving.

Hopefully i will get the response I'm after and RUK won't take they piss and just off me another respray.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Shame really, its a great looking car and you have looked after it incredibly well. Its not just RUK but the people who sprayed it, still the whole saga is shameful.

GTD, Lupo
It's a pity Renault completely f**ked the paintwork as it's a great looking car.

I'll give you a hand if you want a put it back to standard.

You are just after the wheels! :D

Not too much to do, luckily I kept hold of all the old parts.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
The paint is going wrong on my silverstone now and as you've said so far its all bin a bit of a fail with renault uk I think I may just bite my lip.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ok biggish update on this. Having looked over the car a little closer since it's last respray at Catservices I decided under the advice of many people to get an independent engineers report carried out on the car.

The result of the engineers report concluded the paint finish was of a very poor standard and had devalued the car significantly. The engineers report also mention that if I was purchasing the car they would advise me not to.

So with the report I took a trip down to my local solicitors. After a small fee and a good 3 hour appointment I left with a letter for RCI and RUK with a list of demands (mainly money back and for them to take the car back) I included printed pictures and a copy of the engineers report and gave them 14 days to repond or court proceedings will begin.

Since then a chap from RUk has been out and confirmed the car is screwed and I have been told I should have an offer by the end of the week. I have made it very clear that I don't want another respray as some of the paint readings on the car are already up in the 400+ microns. After almost 16 months hopefully this will be over and the car will be gone.

This is what happens when you do things properly. Superb result mate. Really happy to hear that.

This is utterly hilarious. Well done on keeping a level head and making sure you got a solution, but what a mess about for you! Dad had a similar issue with Audi not accepting the paint issues on early R8s (loads of stone chips behind the rear tyres - they blamed our stone chip lane/drive, the same stone chip lane/drive that the S4 and RS6 went down for 10 years previously.......!!!).

Hey, on to bigger and better things, chap.

GTD, Lupo
Well I received my letter from RUK today with a settlement offer on the car. Prior to the letters arrival I had discused with the wife that I would be happy with an offer of £1600, the finance to be cleared and the car to be taken away. So any thing below this would be rejected as technically I have had the use of the car for the last two years and have clocked up 20k miles.

So here is the offer from RUK

null_zps6ed26f4d.jpg

My Solicitor has already advised me to reject but with going to Afghan at the end of the month I will consider accepting the offer to get rid of the car prior to leaving. All I need now is to ask about the number plate and if I can put it on retention.

I hope this just highlights to people that there is always an option and a car can still be rejected 2 years after the purchase date!