ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silverstone #44

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: Silverstone #44 Update

Also gutted as it was ready in time for the south central meet but puppy training finished to late and i had a stinking cold. Think i saw Tim`s Meg (very dirty btw) at the shops as i was picking up some man flu tablets.

Yes, that was me mate on Wednesday afternoon. I was getting some cash out so we must have just missed each other.

It was very dirty so I took it to the hand car wash behind Texaco to get it cleaned before the meet :eek:

I thought at the time that your 200 was looking very clean :)

Clio RS 200 S-Stone
Hi, i recently took a bit off a step from my 1.4 seat ibiza and bought a silverstone (number 14), absolutely delighted with it!! Wondering where i can get a good deal for buying a spoiler?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi, i recently took a bit off a step from my 1.4 seat ibiza and bought a silverstone (number 14), absolutely delighted with it!! Wondering where i can get a good deal for buying a spoiler?

cup spoiler?

pm spray shack on here or twingo geeko on 197.net

twingo will send the spoiler to sprayshack who'll spray it and send it to you for a good price

GTD, Lupo
Wow! 7 month bump!

Car is currently in the body shop after a screwed smart repair being carried out under warranty.

As said give Carl (twingogeek) a shout at SMC Aldershot and he will sort it all out.

Last pic before it went in to get screwed up even more!

DSC_0163.jpg

GTD, Lupo
Well small update on this, after falling out of love with the car due to paint work issues, it has almost been finally booked in to get it all corrected.

As a result i placed an order for some Oz Ultraleggera with ad08 and some H&R springs. Once the paint is corrected the springs will be going on along with the wheels. Also got a large collection of carbon bits to go on.

Cant wait!

GTD, Lupo
I like the speedlines mate :(

I will be keeping them for rainy days. I had purchased what i was told were cup racer speedlines but they ended up just being standard speedlines so i was totally gutted.

The ultras look mint on Mk3s almost near perfect fitment with no spacing.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
looking forward to seeing it on the new wheels and springs will look even better!

GTD, Lupo
Well the wheels have arrived.

Just waiting on the paintwork being fixed then they will be being fitted along with the springs.

DSC_0109_zpsac945c26.jpg

Not sure on the stickers, a little too race car for me, might be removing them. i weighed the wheels and they come in at around 17kg plus tires which is pretty good compared to the speedlines they were 21kg a wheel.

GTD, Lupo
They are lovely bud!
Your car will look the utter nuts! I'd love a set of those on mine!

Thanks, i done a small trial fit with a couple of wheels and the offset (et55) is perfect and the wheel just sits slightly in from the arch.

Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
will have to pop by one night after work! will have to show you the 172 im toying with atm. i love the meg but started to miss the 200 so got the 172 as well lol.

GTD, Lupo
Sounds like a plan bud, might be a while yet as I`m still waiting for RUk to pull their finger out with regards to fixing my paint. Did not know you had for a 172? you got a thread for it?

Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
No thread for it which is a shame! i found a nice one cheap so brought it! i just miss the n/a ;)

GTD, Lupo
Paul that is quite a race car choice of wheels and tyres you made there. Looking forward to seeing this with the springs fitted.

I know Pete, maybe a little too race carish considering it will never see a track. Oh well guess it makes a change from buying stupid BBS`s that don`t fit properly and need polishing weekly. Your 172 looks to be making good progress, fixed your starting issue yet?

GTD, Lupo
Well smallish update.

Ultras are fitted, not the best pictures but it is the only one i have.

null_zpsff184f02.jpg

null_zps7df462d8.jpg

The car was then picked up for pretty much a full re-spray and what was hopefully the end of my paint issues.

DSC_0112_zpsb19f02de.jpg

Well they had the car for a little under a month, whilst i was away with work on HMS Illustrious which was quite possibly the worst time of my life.

Well the car is back and to be honest they have managed to screw it up yet again. The front wings and doors have way too much clear coat and this has caused a weird rig effect on all the panel joins. Here is the drivers side wing.

RHWing4_zps167d8b92.jpg

RHWing6_zps32006d6c.jpg

Well in an attempt to make myself feel better i ordered some H&R springs, only to find out larkspeed had sent me Megane springs by mistake (right box, wrong springs) Good job me and TimR26 didnt spend hours trying to fit them :mad:

So i have a motor engineer coming out to do a survey of the car some time soon, correct springs on their way over from German and a test drive being book in a new Fiesta ST for if all else fails. Bring on the 4th attempt get this paint right.

Attachments

• DSC_0112_zpsb19f02de.jpg
    DSC_0112_zpsb19f02de.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 61

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Shame mate. Sadly there is little chance for the paint to be right now!

That's simply unreal imo. Basic skills ffs! I can see 4 figure microns on the paint soon.

Simply unacceptable imo.

GTD, Lupo
Shame mate. Sadly there is little chance for the paint to be right now!

That's simply unreal imo. Basic skills ffs! I can see 4 figure microns on the paint soon.

Simply unacceptable imo.

I would hate to think how much is on it already. The crease that runs down the side of the car is slowly disappearing. Will this cause any problems in the future?

Sorry to hear, is it renault that are meant to be sorting this?

at least you'll not have to worry about scratches as the paint will be so thick... Every cloud lol

Yes it is all RUK who are dealing with it. This time the car went to the import centre (Cat-services ltd) as RUK thought this would mean the work was carried out to a higher standard :clown: You know somewhere where they just bang hundreds of cars out a day. Think of all the extra weight!! could be the difference between a Cup and FF!

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Ultras look nice.
Paintwork is abit of a joke now.
But the H&R's will look good when they eventually arrive.

Nothing is straightforward for you lol

GTD, Lupo
Hah thanks guys, yeah the wheels are the best buy yet, they turned up and i fitted them no problem.

As soon as the springs are here they should be nice and easy considering i have done the job already, i just ended up refitting the old springs!!! :rasp:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Main dealer/large bodyshops are usually much much worse than smaller places. Bonus shops... always a good thing for quality.

Having that much paint on your car is never a good thing. It can cause lots of different issues and it will chip twice as easy and twice as bad.