ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Simota Induction Kit

182 FF
Just need a bit of advice, thinking about buying a second hand enclosed induction kit. I've seen this Simota Induction kit, but never heard of the manufacturer before
Are they any good? and how much do they retail for new?

182 FF
The guy selling believes 5bhp?
If is sounds the business then thats a good start:cool: , just don't wanna buy any crap and get stuck with it.

LY 200
Doubt it'll give any gains mate and not 5bhp even if it does.

Maybe a chip aswell as the induction might but not on its own.

I have a bmc and a superchip. Get abit more on the 5k and up band and the higher gears are more responsive at lower revs than normal but all in low downs pretty much the same imo.

182 FF
I'm of the same thinking, probably give the car a bit more roar though:D and look attractive to the eye when I pop the bonnet.

But are they a decent bit of kit? also looking at a Viper, so I got to make a decision by tonight

LY 200
Erm i know nothing about the simota mate. My choice was between a viper and bmc and i went for the bmc.

Should thing there all pretty similar though to be honest. Will give abit of sound but nothing on an open one although your right will look a million times better!!! ;)

182 FF
Arghh, decisions, decisions:S
What do I get, I think its gonna have to be the Viper, just cause I know the make, I've only heard of simota induction kits on the 106gti, and the geezer selling it wants 70 quid for it

Chocolate Bar™
70quid isnt bad at all, as they do sound really nice.

a brand new viper will be 200quid, and in all honesty wont give you anything different/better

have you looked at the bmc cda's ?

182 FF
Sure have, but i'm on tight budget as my boy is demanding the earth for X-mas, so I'm just looking to buy a used piece of kit for now

Chocolate Bar™
just go for a simota then.

otherwise just slap in a replacement panel filter. wont give you the noise, but it helps the engine breath a bit better

182 FF
Yeah but theres a used Viper for sale on here for the same price as the Simota, I don't know which is best:banghead:

Leon Cupra R 225
simota is built better than vipers. and vipers are way overpriced. But I wouldn't have anything other than a bmc cda job. £150 but they rock.

R27 - 77/500
ive got a semi enclosed hill power induction kit for sale mate, sounds the nuts, well i think it does anyway,

RS RIP
I had the one, and i took it off. You'll need a remap of some kind to benefit from it, i didnt at the moment. Car drives better with the standard box now. Might put it back when i get a custom remap though, the sound is awesome.

Construction is really nice, carbon shield shields it from engine bay.