ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

simple p&s...or complex p&s...?

D

dick

what should i do?!

see, now...

i usually give advice on what cameras to get when people know what they want their camera to do.... but tbh i dont know what range of cameras i want!

i dont know if i want a nice simple point and shoot that i can just slip out my pocket and snap away and other people can use without too much worry (like mother and family and friends) like the lovely ixus range, probly 860iscoz of the wide angle probly, but maybe 850 coz of vwifinder

or get a more complex p&s.. g9 probly... because i can set it how i want it. but i want a compact camera and the g9 is bigger afaik, but has a longer zoom range, flash shoe, full manual controls.. but do i need full manual controls on a p+s? probly not coz f2.8 on a small sensor still gives a heap of dof.

grrr. what should i do?!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio Sport 172
Getting my g9 tomorrow. Theres some people on here that has had one but gone the dslr. Ill let you know what its like and get some test shot snaps up.

Iv heard the g9 wont fit in your pocket but how many people actually there camera around in there pocket? Just get a carry case

Cupra
I would go for a slim fit compact. You know that you can always carry the DSLR around if you want good shots. The only time you will want a P&S is on a night out or when you dont want to be carrying anything. Pocket size second camera FTW.