ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Size wheel on a mk1 clio

Will 17's go on my p reg mk1 clio 1.2?

i'm currently running 15's and was wondering if 17's will go on without any arch cutting. any info much appreciated.

1996 Valver
Not without cutting arches, front are an easy fix by getting valver flared arches,
Rears are harder to come by + require welding and blending.

If you don't want to do any work on arches I think most ppl will suggest stripping out the rear, It may not rub then.

I have 17s on my valver, and with a 35mm drop, the front still scrub- I'm going back to the original 15's now!

Can get 17's on a 1.2 wiht a few mods, but it looks s**t and makes the car f**king slow, be sensible and stick wiht 15's....unless you are operating a rolling disco, complete wiht neon lights

mk1 phase 3
iv got 15's on my mk1 on the front it is no problem and its lowered 60mm but on the back it scrapes like f**k with a bit of the bumper cut away and ive stripped it out, but it is lowered 100mm on the torsion bar. id say if u were gonna lower it have 15s. if not still have 15s/16s cuz iv seen a clio with 17s on and it looks like a moster truck its that high

ollie_yesclio said:
iv got 15's on my mk1 on the front it is no problem and its lowered 60mm but on the back it scrapes like f**k with a bit of the bumper cut away and ive stripped it out, but it is lowered 100mm on the torsion bar. id say if u were gonna lower it have 15s. if not still have 15s/16s cuz iv seen a clio with 17s on and it looks like a moster truck its that high

Just out of interest why ahve you lowered it that much, if its stripped that suggests that you want to go fast, so raise the back end up to just hihger than the front, and it will corner ALOT better