ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skoda splitter fitted!

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
have you set it sticking out a couple of mm there as looks like its got a lip instead of being flush, looks nice like that

Not purposely, it moved when I was putting the self tappers in, but then after looking I thought it looked pretty good too :p

soon to be 182 ;)
c123840d-83ae-0034.jpg

looks like your lights need a refurb?

LY R26 #288
I've just ordered one for mine, since the cup splitter was missing when I got it. I'd prefer a proper cup splitter but for £12 this will do for now!. :p

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
looks like your lights need a refurb?

Yep :( well the drivers side does, passenger side is still like new :S I've been reading up on the guide though so going to give it a go soon.

^^^ looks like you have the same problem as me, leaking washer jet.

Nah it's ok, id just given it a quick wash but hadn't dried it very well! Lol

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
this may be a stupid question but what way up did you guys fit the splitter? Lol

iirc it only goes one way...i think it's got a soft rubber lip on one side which i put self tappers through :S

Can't really remember tbh, just did it without thinking lol

LY R26 #288
disregard that last question, i can see you've fitted it the right way up, just wondered if anyones tried it the other way up so it looks lower

LY R26 #288
So is it fitted with the lip at the top or the bottom of the splitter?.

If you put it on with the lip at the bottom, the splitter will be covering up about an inch of the front bumper at the bottom. But if you fitted it the other way up with the lip at the top, the splitter will be hanging down from the front bumper about an inch and not covering it at all. (hard to explain)

Which way up have you done it?.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
So is it fitted with the lip at the top or the bottom of the splitter?.

If you put it on with the lip at the bottom, the splitter will be covering up about an inch of the front bumper at the bottom. But if you fitted it the other way up with the lip at the top, the splitter will be hanging down from the front bumper about an inch and not covering it at all. (hard to explain)

Which way up have you done it?.

This makes no sense to me, sorry...lol.

S

Ste King 182

i know what you mean i fitted mine so it hangs down over as they are on all other cars it would look strange the other way imo.

S

Ste King 182

The silver one on the first page is fitted hanging down as is mine ( pic on the second page ), the black clio looks like its the other way round like wraping the lip of the front bumper rather than hangin down over.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
I think I know what you mean now (well sort of lol). I'd imagine i've fitted the same as everyone else although the pic angle/colour of car may make it appear differently. The flappy bits are on the top, nearest the bumper as I screwed through these to fix it in place more securely

LY R26 #288
The silver one on the first page is fitted hanging down as is mine ( pic on the second page ), the black clio looks like its the other way round like wraping the lip of the front bumper rather than hangin down over.

I thought i'd check lol. Glad you know what I mean because it looks like it would fit either way up. I thought it'd look better hanging down as it will make the front end look lower, as apposed to wrapping the bottom bit of the front bumper which would make it look higher.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Just figured out what you're saying (lol, slow i know!) and yeah it's fitted the same, it does hang down. I think it would look pretty weird wrapping the bumper tbh...Must be the camera angle