ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skoda Splitter

Just bought a Skoda front splitter, wondering what is the BEST way to put it on?
Do I have to mod the splitter in anyway at all or will it just bolt straight on.

Looked on guides and couldn't see anything, Any help will be great :)

ST TDCI
Using a stanly knife cut the top of the lugs off so it will sit flat against the underside of your bumper.

then mark middle of the splitter and the middle of the bumper and then work your way from the middle out - i would self tapper every other lug.

When you get to the ends just trim the excess off with a sharp knife - you can even cut the end bit of then glue it back onto the newly fitted splitter to finish it off (if that makes sense!)

Put some pics up when you have done it.:cool:

Using a stanly knife cut the top of the lugs off so it will sit flat against the underside of your bumper.

then mark middle of the splitter and the middle of the bumper and then work your way from the middle out - i would self tapper every other lug.

When you get to the ends just trim the excess off with a sharp knife - you can even cut the end bit of then glue it back onto the newly fitted splitter to finish it off (if that makes sense!)

Put some pics up when you have done it.:cool:

Thank you :) Will be putting them up when its arrived lol

Monaco172, R27 197
Picked up my new splitter today what size self tapers did you use ? Also polished up headlights today can not believe difference it makes to look chuffed as nuts:)

BG 182 FF
I used self tappers last time on my old car but may glue it now, never thought of that, good idea!

Impreza RB5 #054
Self tapping screws are what i used fitting my one, had to trim off about 4" on one side, but for £12 i was more than happy!

Next up, shift them leggera's on and get a set of turini's on. ;)

Finally fitted it:
Before
IMAG0141_zpsf56bcc72.jpg

After:
IMAG0143_zps591ac5fc.jpg

Cant really see it under shade but yeh :)

172 exclusive no 172
did mine today, quick question, the center is market on the splitter by a smaller tab... why would you cut 4 inch off one end...

But looks a lot better now it is done.., by the way i used 24 self tapping screw but could have used 10 -14 lo

I didnt cut 4 inch off one end, I centered the splitter screwed that in, then worked outwards.
So when I came to the ends it was a little hanging over the end and just cut that part off.

Anyone know what size screws/bolts you use to put on the Foglights?

Clio 172 Cup
After my cup splitter got destroyed by a mound of snow , I now have my Skoda Splitter to fit to the front of mine. Looks a simple job to fit.

Passat
I've currently got a cracked carbon fibre ktec splitter on. Can't decide whether to leave it, replace it with a Skoda or bite the bullet and get a new ktec at about £90.

​That last option is just ridiculous though.

Canary172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I've currently got a cracked carbon fibre ktec splitter on. Can't decide whether to leave it, replace it with a Skoda or bite the bullet and get a new ktec at about £90.

​That last option is just ridiculous though.

Do KTEC have access to the moulds for the carbon splitters? If so, then it's possible to repair the damage rather than laminating a completely new one.

Passat
You know what - my girlfriends dad used to run a fibreglass factory. If he could mould a fibre splitter would anybody be interested? And what price would you pay? Ill see him tomorrow so can see what he could do.

that could be a nice option, depending on price obvs, i have a ktec splitter and i have a feeling when i lower the car i will smash it within the first week, but dont want a skoda splitter, but i refuse to buy another carbon one at the price they are :( so long as there cheaper than ktec im sure some people will be interested.