ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky boxes are utter rubbish.

Sick of Sky boxes now, I've had nothing but problems with these pieces of shite.

Normal Sky box was replaced a milion times, then Sky plus box was replaced twice in 3 years, now my Sky HD box has gone tits up.

Only had it a few months, now it needs replacing. (luckily its stil in warranty)

If the thing goes on standby over night, it wont turn on for an hour in the morning, now it wont pick up any signal what-so-ever...

Sky man is coming to replace it, but it means I will lose eveything I have saved, eg Idiot Abroad, Top Gear etc etc

Why are they so fragile?!?

Anyone else have problems with these buggers?

Matt

Rav4
Ask the engineer to swap over the hard drive .............. then you'll have everything on there :)

Sky mans here, turns out the guys who installed it a few years ago were, and I quote "cowboys". The dish is an obsolete one and they havnt installed the cable correctly, and has water in it which has gotten into the box.

The sky man is doing a complete install.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
My brand new Sky + HD box has been fine.

My bedrooms Sky + box however was replaced 3 times and this one is buggered too.

Apparently they don't make NEW Sky + Boxes anymore.Yours would have seen sent back, re-furbed and sent out again. 3 strikes and there out.

RIP Dan
Had 6 Sky+ boxes (I think it was 6 in the end) as they were utterly shite. In the end we didnt bother staying with them and went for Freesat. Once you get used to it, it's fine.

Water tracking down the cable into the box?? Must have dropped the cable straight down without putting a U loop and bringing it back UP through the hole. Schoolboy error as it was the first thing I was taught as an apprentice sparks with any cable/pipes etc.

I f**king hate Sky btw.