ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Cancellation

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone looked into the streaming box they've brought out to see how the channels compare to the dish package? Iirc it's £35 ish a month.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have pretty much exactly the same package as that, just with multi room, and I pay £82.50.

I reckon you / I could have got it cheaper but I couldn’t be bothered to play the “I’m gonna cancel” game and then wait them out to see what they’d reduce it to the closer it got to D Day. That said I reckon next year I will as like you I don’t really use most of it barring Netflix and the occasional football match.

I can get equivalent BB and Netflix for £35 a month, so £37.50 is the true cost of sky to me as I'll buy the former two regardless.

£37.50 for F1 and a nice interface, it's really borderline worth it.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
My current deal is up so I've called and given notice, they came back with:

Sky Signature + Netflix
HD + UHD
Sky Sports
Superfast BB

£72.50

Still doesn't seem worth it, it's about what I pay at the moment but I don't think I use it enough to warrant the cost currently, I just like the UI.

Play the game, put cancellation in, hold, hold.

The call centre from Derby will call in the last few days & offer the good deals for you to stay.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Well that was refreshing, spoke to a football mad Scottish man & he mentioned the call would go quiet while he worked out the best deal.

Been through this many times over the years & involves many hours of back & forth with little movement, concluding in the cancellation & waiting game for a month!

Not tonight, he came back on the call after 5 minutes & I was ready for the usual games, BUT.
You are currently paying £107 & next bill is £128 in the next few days.

‘The best I can do is £87, waive all the account setup fees & give you everything you already have for what you were paying before the increases’, speechless !

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Well that was refreshing, spoke to a football mad Scottish man & he mentioned the call would go quiet while he worked out the best deal.

Been through this many times over the years & involves many hours of back & forth with little movement, concluding in the cancellation & waiting game for a month!

Not tonight, he came back on the call after 5 minutes & I was ready for the usual games, BUT.

‘The best I can do is £87, waive all the account setup fees & give you everything you already have for what you were paying before the increases’, speechless !

What do you actually get for that price?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

What was your package out of interest?

I ended up renewing just TV for £47 for Signature/Netflix/UHD/Sports but took a few calls to get an ok deal.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
After sorting the Sky package I managed to get my daughter an iPhone 14 starlight, 50gb pm data rolls for three years if unused, all calls & texts, £43pm!

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
200.gif

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I'm just trying the ole fake cancel thing again.

On the phone he offered my current package which is £101 a month down to £70 before the £8 price increase in April.

Going to hold out to see what happens.

Will report back!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If you cancel, do you keep your Sky Q box? Will the 'free' channels still work?
Sky own the hardware and send you a package to return it. Which is what I always tell the nice people who ring up trying to sell sky box insurance. Nice try sky ya scamming basturds.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
If you cancel, do you keep your Sky Q box? Will the 'free' channels still work?
They offered me the ability to keep the box and the functionality such as record. Pause and play and all that just without the channels for £15 a month.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I was about to order an Nvidea Shield and bin sky off but NowTV bundles all the sport together. I only want F1!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Just cancelled our sky. It would be £100 a month out of our contract as of this month. They offered me the same level for £80 and I said no. So let's see if they call me during the 31 days to offer me a better deal.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Hoooooooollllllllllllddddddddd

I phoned the number posted previously, no hours of bull on hold & games, cheaper than previous contract.

Why do all companies insist on this dance, just got my car insurance £145 less than renewal by playing their games!

Clio200 EDC Lux
So my contract ends next month will go from £48 to £75 (no sport or movies) Got through to the retentions dept or whatever they are called best offer was £62 hmmm no thanks. So have given 31 days notice to cancel it all. Guess its a waiting game now to see if they call me back with a better offer or not.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Just got a text message "Your exclusive offer to with us" so will ring them tomorrow to see what it is lol
f*****s. I never got one.

She said to accept the offer of £70 a month from £110. But because I am in cancellation period of the new contract. To call back and cancel again and they can "reconstruct" me but my offers will be based on the £70 a month not the higher amount so....

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
f*****s. I never got one.

She said to accept the offer of £70 a month from £110. But because I am in cancellation period of the new contract. To call back and cancel again and they can "reconstruct" me but my offers will be based on the £70 a month not the higher amount so....

I just got a text today saying it's not too late etc. I could go to sky.com/reviewmyoptions

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I did get that one but I went nowhere. Just the same offer matey offered when I cancelled.

Did you ever get an offer? I was getting closer to the 31 days so I used the chat on their website and got the same deal for £76 a month Vs £116 it was going to be if I carried on out of contract. When I first took out the contract it was £80+ so even better than before lol.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
My bill went up £30 last month to £149 😳
Was straight on the phone because I didn’t realise it had gone up to £120 let alone £149 ffs.

Cheeky fucker tried to tell me my bill was already discounted from £161!

He was struggling to give me a valid reason why a diamond VIP member couldn’t get the same deal as a new customer.

Let’s see how this one pans out.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Our 18mo contract is up soon, excited to see how £52pm can become £120pm in 30 days.
Has anyone managed to get an introductory offer as an existing customer recently?
As we’re moving next month I think it might be easiest to just cancel and get the missus to take out a contract.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Our 18mo contract is up soon, excited to see how £52pm can become £120pm in 30 days.
Has anyone managed to get an introductory offer as an existing customer recently?
As we’re moving next month I think it might be easiest to just cancel and get the missus to take out a contract.

Think £80 is the lowest for me full package & BB, managed to renegotiate the same price past couple of years.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Does this seem like an okay deal, contract is due and probably has been for a while.

Reducing it to £53 from £58 a month.

IMG_1162.png