ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Cancellation

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Cancelled both sky and virgin last month.

Just had a call from the Sky Win Back team offering pretty decent deductions over new customer deals. Seems like they are now offering decent deals to returning customers now which I’ll be taking advantage off once my house is ready.

Virgin on the other hand cut off my connection during my notice period and said they would charge me to reconnect and it would take 72 hours for it to work again. t***s.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Mine doubles next bill. Going to try and phone them tomorrow to see if I can get any knocked off. If not, it'll be back on the merry go round to BT 😂

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Anyone had Sky installed during COVID?

They are meant to be installing Sky Q at our new build tomorrow however they do not enter you house currently - not sure how or even if they can even install something without seeing where it should go!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Anyone had Sky installed during COVID?

They are meant to be installing Sky Q at our new build tomorrow however they do not enter you house currently - not sure how or even if they can even install something without seeing where it should go!
They come to the house and pass you the kit to install.
Had a few people refuse to do it. They will install the Phoneline no issues, but not sky itself, its a luxury.

Be prepared to use their tools to drill holes and have fun.

Just received a letter notifying me that my monthly cost is going up by £5.
Has anyone used this as a way to negotiate a better deal before? My contract is up in 3 months but thinking I could use this to do it earlier.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Just called for a deal to keep my Sky F1 at the original £10 instead of the increased £18 and they said no, even in retentions do I’ve binned F1 and HD and I’ll wait for the Multiroom contract to expire in December and bin Sky off after about 15 years.

Reactions: GiT

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Currently on the phone to them. I’m not sure that they understand me wanting to reduce my bill but keep the same package. I know some packages have changed but Christ, they must be on pennies per hour in these fall centres.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
First offer from £64 I currently pay to £92.50.
Signature, Sports, Movies, BB and Phone.

Second offer.
All of the above with Sky boost plus new router . £79.50
Plus admin fee of £20.

Third offer. All of the above plus upgrading to HD £69 including the upcoming price hikes.

Reactions: Ben

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Some woman on Sadbook stated she wanted out - as paying £160 A MONTH!!!

WTAF are these people smoking?

I spent about 45 mins on the phone with one chap last month. I wanted to reduce the cost but keep everything I have. He didn’t seem to get this and kept trying to remove stuff.

In the end he saved me about £6 per month. What a waste of time. Wish I didn’t have to have sky.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
My bill will be rising from £83 for everything to £125!
Anyone had success on the phone with them or do I have to do the cancellation dance & wait a week or two?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
First offer from £64 I currently pay to £92.50.
Signature, Sports, Movies, BB and Phone.

Second offer.
All of the above with Sky boost plus new router . £79.50
Plus admin fee of £20.

Third offer. All of the above plus upgrading to HD £69 including the upcoming price hikes.

What deal did you get in the end?
Got Q?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't got Netflix but have everything else above with the new hub (much better than the last one)
My fibre is 70mb and I get that on my PS5 with WiFi now.
Not sure which Go I have. I can watch football on my phone at work and my mate can get it on his Xbox at the same time.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I haven't got Netflix but have everything else above with the new hub (much better than the last one)
My fibre is 70mb and I get that on my PS5 with WiFi now.
Not sure which Go I have. I can watch football on my phone at work and my mate can get it on his Xbox at the same time.

Did you have to cancel to get that deal or negotiate over the phone?

Have you got the F1 & Prem football in Q in your package seems crazy cheap ?
How long you been with Sky?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Did you have to cancel to get that deal or negotiate over the phone?

Have you got the F1 & Prem football in Q in your package seems crazy cheap ?
How long you been with Sky?
I phoned up to renegotiate. I was coming to the end of my 18 month package.
I think I've got the F1 and I've definitely got the football. I haven't got BT sport though. They changed the entertainment package to their new one (Signature) which includes box sets and I can now download stuff in HD. I couldn't beforehand.
I haven't got the UHD package though.
Screenshot_20210417-134132.png

I just phoned and asked what the best deal they could do was otherwise I'd go to BT again for 18 months and then return to SKY on a new customer deal. That's what I'd done previously when I was with SKY when the guy said he wouldn't even give me a penny off.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Always negotiate/have a price in mind. Always helps when discussing.
IF it comes to it, walk away from the tv package (broadband keep that clearly)

They will give a deal eventually if your polite and firm.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Not going too well, £125 down to £102 losing cinema & calls package.
Think it’s time to cancel & do the waiting dance.
Paying £85 for full package & fibre at present

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Not going too well, £125 down to £102 losing cinema & calls package.
Think it’s time to cancel & do the waiting dance.
Paying £85 for full package & fibre at present
That’s crap. They can do better.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Soon as you say thats ok, lets cancel the lot.
You should get better terms!!

That was after telling them I wanted to cancel the lot & move to BT or Virgin.
They mentioned if Virgin I would have my BB cut off before 31 days notice!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
So bit of curve ball, can get everything I had previously minus the call package ( hardly used it ) & cinema £83, but they will also add the full BT Sports package for £17 if I want usually £27!

(BT Sports £17 (that’s £3 off with an 18 month contract and £7 off with Sky Sports)

Just to let you know I am scheduled on lunch at 1pm. If you want some time to think this over I could take that lunch break and come back to you after lunch which is an hour.

The offer without BT Sports looks like this if keeping Netflix and Multiscreen.

Sky Signature at £21 a month (that's a £5 discount with an 18-month contract and £5 off with Broadband)

Netflix Standard £10 (possibly Premium at same price)

Sky Sports Complete Pack £20 (that’s a £12 discount with an 18 month contract)

Sky Multiscreen £11 (that's a £4 discount)

Sky Broadband Superfast, including line rental, at £21 (that's a £5 discount with an 18-month contract and £7 off with Signature)

This brings your total to £83.00 per month with a one off £20 admin fee.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Got to be HD or UHD otherwise might as well not wear my glasses definition is so poor!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Depends what sky pack you have and how many screens you want netflix for.
We don’t pay it through sky. Laura got it free for so long with her phone and has just carried on. We can watch a couple of screens at once I think, whenever we remember to use it.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
We don’t pay it through sky. Laura got it free for so long with her phone and has just carried on. We can watch a couple of screens at once I think, whenever we remember to use it.
Might be cheaper to pay it through sky then. I think if you log into Netflix on sky they sort the billing out so you don't end up paying for it twice.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
So bit of curve ball, can get everything I had previously minus the call package ( hardly used it ) & cinema £83, but they will also add the full BT Sports package for £17 if I want usually £27!

(BT Sports £17 (that’s £3 off with an 18 month contract and £7 off with Sky Sports)

Just to let you know I am scheduled on lunch at 1pm. If you want some time to think this over I could take that lunch break and come back to you after lunch which is an hour.

The offer without BT Sports looks like this if keeping Netflix and Multiscreen.

Sky Signature at £21 a month (that's a £5 discount with an 18-month contract and £5 off with Broadband)

Netflix Standard £10 (possibly Premium at same price)

Sky Sports Complete Pack £20 (that’s a £12 discount with an 18 month contract)

Sky Multiscreen £11 (that's a £4 discount)

Sky Broadband Superfast, including line rental, at £21 (that's a £5 discount with an 18-month contract and £7 off with Signature)

This brings your total to £83.00 per month with a one off £20 admin fee.

Seems they made a mistake & best they can do £95, decided to cancel.
During the chat they mentioned there are no other deals available even though I posted one from HDUK yesterday for everything apart from Bb £53!