ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky HD EPG

Citroen DS3 DSport
It remains on test and has suffered a number of bugs. It takes a bit of getting used to.

Tesla MP3 2021
Shame as it does look alot better to the eye.

Hopefully not long till a stable version :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
It's been on test for several months now, I had thought it would have been officially released long before now.

Current EPG is crap, bugs me that it doesn't know when I am watching a program on a channel and it pops up a reminder that the program on the channel I am watching is about to start - why doesn't it know i am already on it.

Also series link just randomly disappears and reappears and if the title changes a little it doesnt series link it e.g. Gadget Show and Gadget Show Xmas Special where not link.

Surely they programs must run on an ID number?!?!?

For such a big company I am surprised sky haven't updated the EPG already

Citroen DS3 DSport
The new EPG to date has not cured the series link issues, if anything it's been worse. The final build may be better though. The search function is greatly improved.

SLK250 CDI
TBH the SkyHD box hardware seems to struggle with playing back HD content whilst recording from the live feeds, so I can't imagine that a new, more hardware demanding EPG is going to be a good idea.

Would like to see a more powerful HD v2 box.

Citroen DS3 DSport
There has been a new code drop into my HD box this weekend and it has so far proved to be more stable. Series link appears to be working and the new improved programme search is a worthwhile addition.

LY182. Golf GT TDI 195.
There has been a new code drop into my HD box this weekend and it has so far proved to be more stable. Series link appears to be working and the new improved programme search is a worthwhile addition.

Does that mean you have the new epg?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's being pushed to customers with thomson boxes starting next week....finally.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Hows do we get the update?..Is it over the air or phone line:S

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Hows do we get the update?..Is it over the air or phone line:S

It'll be pushed over the air and enabled when sky want to.

I got a letter through the post yesterday showing the new guide and saying that my box will switch to the new guide in the next couple of days (sky insiders are saying this initial batch will switch over on tuesday).

They appear to be starting with a subset of boxes and will push to all boxes over the coming months. Apparently only people with version number 4E300E will be getting the update initially.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Woo! It's on my box!

First impressions, the channel number when you're changing channels is fooking small!

It seems pretty snappy to me too, looks good, might have to switch the mini tv off and get more screen back for the listings....but impressed anyway! Series stacking is nice in the planner!

You don't get the preview on anytime programmes anymore, the mini tv just plays the channel feed :(

Edit: You press Blue in anytime to view the select programmes trailer.

Last edited:
  182 RB FF
It'll be pushed over the air and enabled when sky want to.

I got a letter through the post yesterday showing the new guide and saying that my box will switch to the new guide in the next couple of days (sky insiders are saying this initial batch will switch over on tuesday).

They appear to be starting with a subset of boxes and will push to all boxes over the coming months. Apparently only people with version number 4E300E will be getting the update initially.

Is this the earlier boxes? I hope so...

Lee

BMW M2C
They've finally got round to doing mine. Very nice. All the things I wanted.

Mine is a Thomson box. 4E3006. Just over 2 years old.

Tesla MP3 2021
Forgot about this thread lol.

Ours got done about 2 weeks ago. Takes abit of getting use to but its alot better :)

How the hell do you turn off that bloody small screen and sound in top right hand corner????
hate that :(
can turn off screen but bloody sound is still there????? :(

Simon

SLK250 CDI
They've finally got round to doing mine. Very nice. All the things I wanted.

Mine is a Thomson box. 4E3006. Just over 2 years old.

Same here. Activated a few days ago at about 3:30am when my wife was in the middle of watching something. Box just restarted itself.

Takes some getting used to, feels quicker than the old OS, but don't really like how it arranges the planner...

How the hell do you turn off that bloody small screen and sound in top right hand corner????
hate that :(
can turn off screen but bloody sound is still there????? :(

Found this as well, thought disabling it would stop the sound but oh no... Fooking irritating.

Clio 182 FF
My mates has updated and he said he now has ITV HD which i only thought was on freesat.
I have the new samsung box so i will have to wait a while i think.

SLK250 CDI
With the new EPG you can add ITV HD as an 'additional channel', it hasn't been added to the main programme guide by default.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How will it update? Do i need to connect it to the phone?

SLK250 CDI
The new software gets downloaded to the box overnight via satellite. They update the software from time to time anyway, you will just notice it this time because of the new look.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Got my new EPG through, not liking it yet, seems slower and more cumbersome than the old software

Have got ITV HD now though, which cancels out my bad feeling haha

I have an older Sky HD box, still on the old planner style. Do I just have to wait for the box to reboot itself? Received my new style guide letter the other day.

Clio 200 Raider
I have an older Sky HD box, still on the old planner style. Do I just have to wait for the box to reboot itself? Received my new style guide letter the other day.

from what ive heard it just updates overnight. did it say in the letter when yours will be updated?

what version box have u got?

It was just a standard letter, no dates of when it'll happen, just new look guide commg soon.

I have the older sky hd box 4E3007

SLK250 CDI
It won't say, but once you get the letter, it should happen over the next few days - probably overnight tonight or tommorow TBH if it didn't happen last night.