ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky hd question???

Right this is probably gonna make no sense, but here goes lol

Been lookin at getting sky Hd in our lounge. We already have sky+ in there so i assume they just swap the boxes over, no need for extra cables?? In our study tho, we have multiroom, with just a normal box, is it possible to put the old sky + box in there? Heard i would need a second LNB cable for it, but will i need a new dish to acept the extra cable? Hope this makes sense lol

VaVa
If you wish to record and watch at the same time in your study you'll need an extra co-ax running.

You won't need extra cable to switch from Sky+ to Sky+ HD. They'll just swap the boxes and then match your card to the new box.

They fitted a quad LNB when they installed mine, so you may already have the LNB for it.

Clio 172, Audi A4 S-Line
You'll need a quad LNB on your dish to run 2 x Sky+ boxes. You'll also need a 2nd cable running to the LNB if you wish to make full use of the sky+ box you wish to use as your multiroom box :D

Clio 172, Audi A4 S-Line
You must already have one because you are currently running 3 cables to your dish.

2 x for sky+
1 x for multiroom box

I thought sky only did LNBs with 2, 4, 8 feeds?

Clio 172, Audi A4 S-Line
Like I say, you'll need one other cable running to the spare LNB on your dish and into the room where your current standard box is. This will allow you to use the sky+ box properly when you decide to move it.

Clio 182 FF
2 month waiting list before you can even order sky HD at the moment, called them yesterday been put on the waiting list. But sorry to hijack thread, if i bought a used sky hd box on ebay its astriaght plug in and play afetr informing sky i presume.
I have sky+ now so dish is all setup.

Is the waiting list for the box, or the whole install? Do you think it would be possible to get hold of just a box from them?

yea, cheers. Is the cable easy to get hold of/make up?

Aint it just normail Co axial aerial cable ?

Or is it some fancy stuff that Sky use ?

And i guess you'll need the screw type co-axial connectors (f style connectors-see pic below) to attach the cable to the Sky Box (they just push /screw on the end of the co-ax cable)

fconn.jpg

moz-screenshot-1.jpg

2 month waiting list before you can even order sky HD at the moment, called them yesterday been put on the waiting list. But sorry to hijack thread, if i bought a used sky hd box on ebay its astriaght plug in and play afetr informing sky i presume.
I have sky+ now so dish is all setup.

Good question bud.

I'd presume you'd have to call sky and upgrade/add on the Sky Hd package for an extra tenner a month and away you go :)

Unless you need a different viewing card for Hd.

And Sky will probably be funny about you buying one of Ebay and not them.

Haha :)

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You can buy a box off ebay, put your existing card in and then phone sky to tell them to pair the card to the box so that premium channels work again.

You'll need to add the HD package if you want more than 2 HD channels as well.

You can buy a box off ebay, put your existing card in and then phone sky to tell them to pair the card to the box so that premium channels work again.

You'll need to add the HD package if you want more than 2 HD channels as well.

Whats 2 Hd channels would they be ?

vers le haut doigt milieu
Whats 2 Hd channels would they be ?

BBC and Luxe, the rest are not free to air.

If you dont have the movies or sports packages when you call sky just say to them you are using your card in a professional tandberg receiver so they will have to authorize your card to work with any box on non macrovision channels.

BBC and Luxe, the rest are not free to air.

If you dont have the movies or sports packages when you call sky just say to them you are using your card in a professional tandberg receiver so they will have to authorize your card to work with any box on non macrovision channels.

Ah right ok mate.

Got my HD installed for Sunday, 1.5 week wait so you should be able to get under 2 months

And is it worth the extra tennera month for the very few channels that there is ?