ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky on 360...

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Where do I find this to download it?

Think its under "Spotlight" and you download it, then go to "Video Marketplace" to launch it.

I only want to watch Sky Sports for football, can you just have sports? & what cost?.

Formally Clio 182
This is bullshit. Not a fan of the pricing.

Why pay the same for Sky on the xbox as it is when you watch through a dish?

Surely a dish is better quality as there's nothing like lagging or throttling on the broadband. Plus you will hear the constant fans buzzing from the 360.

Audi S1
This is bulls**t. Not a fan of the pricing.

Why pay the same for Sky on the xbox as it is when you watch through a dish?

Surely a dish is better quality as there's nothing like lagging or throttling on the broadband. Plus you will hear the constant fans buzzing from the 360.

It's not only that tbh - watch when people's ISP start hacking down on there usage lol

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
exactly, this will cause upset with many isp's who will most likely start throttling and capping eve harder.... super!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
My parents won't have Sky installed - so this is a good idea imo - agree about pricing and bandwidth - but I'm still going to give it a go.

Anyone know if it's a contract?

those links are blocked for me at work. so how does it work, i install it via marketplace and boom, i have sky via xbox?

I have just left vergin (boy they are s**t) and was looking at a new sky package so this is ideal really.

Looks like MS have taken down the Sky Player, as its gone from the Marketplace?.....

Astra CDTI SRI
Microsoft has said that it is "investigating" the technical problems delaying the launch of Sky Player on Xbox Live.

Offering live and on-demand content, the service was initially scheduled to go live at 10am this morning.

However, there have been widespread reports that clicking on the Sky Player icon currently available on Xbox Live simply brings up a rolling advert for the service and a message which says, "Coming later today".

Writing on his Major Nelson Twitter page, Microsoft's Larry Hyrb said: "UK Xbox Live Members: If you are having trouble w/ the Sky Player, we are aware of the issues and are investigating."

The problems appear to stem from the Sky servers as Sky Player is experiencing technical issues across all of its available platforms.

Update: Microsoft has confirmed that the Sky Player service has now been removed from Xbox Live but will hopefully launch tomorrow.

In a statement, the company said: "The Sky Player on Xbox 360 service did successfully launch early this morning, it has subsequently been suspended due to an unforeseen technical issue.

"With so much excitement and interest in the service, we'd much prefer to ensure that our customers enjoy the highest possible quality of service.

"We would like to take this opportunity to apologise to our customers who have attempted to access the service today. Sky Player engineers are hard at work to resolve the problem - we expect to have the full service available tomorrow."

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
i wouldnt imagine it will count towards your quota from them, just like bt vision dosent count on bt. The player works fine now for anyone who managed to download it before 10 am this morning, everyone else has to wait till tomorrow to download it now.

Sky are having server issues.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
This is bull tbh. I have sky, and broadband. Seperate entities. I'm keeping it that way, considering ££££ Sky costs as it is and the 0.5mb I average on my line for broadband.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
It all appears to be working ...

I'm very tempted to sign up to teh entertainment package with both movie channels - it appears that if you take both movie channels out, you get an on demand service thrown in.

Still a bit annoyed about the lackof Sky 1 however ...

Where is it on the Dashboard?, as I can't see it anywhere!. It was in "Spotlight" & "Video Marketplace" yesturday, but I can't see them there now?.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Not sure if it's on the dashboard as I'm at work, what I meant is that you can now sign upto it through the Sky website.

320d M Sport
it's not on the dashboard, wasnt on there yesterday for me either?

my xbox d/loaded a system update, but still no sign of it...?

BMW F31
i can still use it via quick launch.

movies are pretty good, channels etc are also pretty good. be nice if they added to them though e.g bbc etc

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
When I turned my xbox on at lunch it downloaded an update but it wasn't there afterwards :(