ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky+ Problem

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Every day i have to reset my Sky+ box to make it work! I turn it off at night and when i turn my tv and box back on it says "No satallite signal being received!" pull the plug, wait 5mins and it works again! Doing ma tits in!!!

Any ideas?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ahh right, were on our 3rd sky box now, tbh its taking the piss, we even get a problem with the listings, says cant retrieve them etc, think freesat is the way forward, none of this nonsense,

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'll fone them and see what the chatter is, never used to do it!

Has yours always done it?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Yes and no, it'l be fine for a few weeks then it starts again, the box seems to make a stupid noise so im guessing its that again, we have the sky Hd, payin circa 50quid a month doesnt seem worth it, if we cant record sweet f.a, so i miss alot of stuff,

Do you get problems turning the box on?

They are so bloody delicate. I've replaced the PSU and HDD in mine... :-(

If yours is a thompson box it will be the psu thats on its way out. You can get replacement (refubed with better parts) ones off ebay for about £15.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Don't think Sky do replacements after a year. It's not like cable where you rent the box so get replacements as you need them.

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
I'm on my 5th hd box. just phone up and moan and they will send an engineer round for free (provided you're not on a pikey tariff) who will swap it for another crappy Thompson. I have a Samsung at the moment has lasted 6 months so far, but crashed for the first time yesterday.