ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky TV and rain

A4 Avant
Does anyone elses sky stop working when it rains hard?

The rains that heavy just outside Birmingham that my sky has been off for the last 15 minutes.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mine starts to lose the signal and go slow but its sunny here at the mo

Monaco 172 2/468
Hehe I thought all that weather affected stuff went out when people got the digital dish, i've never seen any of my mates go dodgy at all

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Does anyone elses sky stop working when it rains hard?

The rains that heavy just outside Birmingham that my sky has been off for the last 15 minutes.

ALWAYS Happens withmine too! Goes all pixelated then goes off! I'm not far from you either

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mines done it a few times recently with really hard rain , freezes or pixelates

A4 Avant
It's sky digital. It's only just came back on! When changing channels it just says "listings cannot be found". At least it's not only me then!

MINI Cooper S
I have had sky+ for about 3 years now, and its never gone off, even in snow etc, but we had one bad storm the other night, and it went off when it was raining really hard, first time its ever done it.

A4 Avant
I've never heard a bomb (and hope not too) but the thunder just was so loud! It was how I'd imagine one to sound! And Sky's gone back off!

FF Blackgold 182
When it was heavy rain the other day, it went all blocky and froze up. :rolleyes: Fine as soon as it stopped.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
mine does it all the time. Sky want £60 to send an engineer to re align the dish. Fook that i'll do it myself!

It depends on where you live. If you live in northern scotland you'll get it more, also the far south i.e the south of spain.

Skys signal is pointed at the middle of the country and it gets weaker the further you get away from this.

Plus, the signal has travelled something like 125,000 miles before it gets to your dish. Interesting stuff.