ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skye

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've been meaning to do this for a while and I have a spare half hour while the little one is sleeping.
Mainly copied from my blog site. I didn't post that many images to Flickr - I didn't actually get that many images that I liked - it was mainly timelapse stuff but the weather wasn't great.

Myself and two friends planned to visit quite a lot in the short time we would be there, but after speaking to people who had done this trip many times, we realised that everything on our list wouldn’t be ticked off in one trip. Next time!
We drove up from North Wales on Monday morning and the first stop was the Southeast side of Loch Lomond to photograph a tree. The Loch was fairly low though so the tree that is usually in the water was high and dry.​

Tree at Loch Lomond on the way up to Skye.
loch-tree-d-0167.jpg

loch-rocks-d-0166.jpg

After this, we headed up to Glencoe to photograph the well shot Buch Etive Mor waterfall, stopping at one of the many viewpoints on the way to capture this snow capped giant.
hihgland-d-0175.jpg

bu-portrait-1.jpg

buch-etive-0579.jpg

After the waterfall, we headed to Fort William, passing this cottage on the road through Glencoe.

glencoe-cottage-0853.jpg

Some very faint Aurora in Fort William.
fort-william-aurora-0906.jpg

Commando Memorial - A82 out of Fort William.
commando-memorial-1041.jpg

Highland Cow. Just because.
25679661586_ed72595084_c.jpg
Highland Horns
by Aaron, on Flickr

Scenery.
rain-or-snow-1073.jpg

Onto Skye.
skye-bridge-1082.jpg

Fairy Pools.
fairy-pools-1114.jpg

Old Man of Storr.
storr-d-0653.jpg

storr-photographer-0651.jpg

Another stop for a timelapse sequence.
a87-d-1008.jpg

Elgol.
elgol-view-1697.jpg

Finally, on the last night, we got clear skies.
loch-leathan-stars-2159.jpg

And some Aurora. This was amazing with tiny auroral activity. Would love to see it when it's strong!
three-amigos-2549.jpg

kilt-star-trail.jpg

On the drive back to North Wales we stopped off at Elgol Castle.
castle-2552.jpg

Then the main road through Glencoe again. The lay-bye's were rammed on the way up - managed to get a sparking spot on the way home though to get this shot.
glencoe-reflection-2589.jpg

And a timelapse of all the images and GoPro footage. I'll be back there again!

Cheers for looking,
Aaron​

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Skye is one of the nicest places in Scotland. I'm up there with work a few times a year, was there recently and the weather was beautiful! The castle you have is Eilean Donan by the way.

Great photos, I only got one on the iPhone.

26471205992_3e21df45d3_c.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely places which are so close to my heart. I frequently headed across to Fort William and Skye and loved every minute of it. The roads are great as long as there is not a long line of tourists but your photos are incredible. When you visit Elgol it is such an incredible sight. We have a road trip following the North Coast 500 with my brothers in June sometime and we will all be in the Clio's. Can't wait.