ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sliding fixed seats?

So, theres someone who's done this with their seats....

Fitted aftermarket sliders that fit onto the OEM floor fitments, with adapted beams. Like so...

Image007-2.gif

The square bar that has been welded to the runners will attach to the floor by the same 2 bolts that you'd use to put the standard seats in. Then you'd get this...

42511141.jpg

ec072751.jpg

d7f7d968.jpg

Image007-2.gif

Means that the side mounts can go onto the runners, and the seat can be adjusted. But would also mean that if needs be, I can keep the back seats in for everyday, and use normal seatbelts. Then if anyone NEEDS to go in the back, I could slide the buckets forward and someone could slide in :)

Do you think this is completely impractical and that it sounds good in principle, but wouldn't be in practise?

Orrrrr....would be it be a compromise to permanent fixed buckets and back seats?

I know no-one will know for certain expect the person who owns it, I'm just askin for an opinion :)

Cheers

Westfield
I have fixed back buckets on sliders and I doubt many adults could slide through the gap to the back seats, or maybe they could but it wouldn't be a very dignified entry. lol

I just got rid of the rear seats.

If you really want to keep the rears give it a go and see how people get on, at leats it wont be you getting in and out of the back!

I have fixed back buckets on sliders and I doubt many adults could slide through the gap to the back seats, or maybe they could but it wouldn't be a very dignified entry. lol

I just got rid of the rear seats.

If you really want to keep the rears give it a go and see how people get on, at leats it wont be you getting in and out of the back!

Well I will hopefully have a bolt in cage for track days etc, this weekend, so then I'll take the seats out, but wouldn't want to be caught short if you get me.
So if someone needed a lift, they still be able to squeeze through :)

Yeah I will do :) cheers for the reply!