ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sloppy Handling ?

ITB 428 Ph1
Hi

I am unsure wether this is a problem but here it goes,

When I am going round a corner everything seems to be kool and its the same for both left and right.

However when im travelling along a road and I go over a pot hole or maybe a lump in the road the steering seems to go off course and then its slow to correct itself to its original course before the pothole or lump in the road. ?

It almost feels like the steering wheel is not connected to the wheels for that split second I go over a pot hole or lump in the road. Does this make sense to any one ?

I am buying coilovers shortley, do you think this would get rid of the problem or is it a problem ??????????? any feedback would be appreciated

Many thanks

Correy

Si

RS Clio 172
Re: Sloppy Handling ??????????????????????????????????????/

When did you last have your alignment/tracking etc. looked at?

Mk5 golf gti
are the outer and inner track rods and ends etc and lower ball joints all in good condition

ITB 428 Ph1
TBH I dont really know i great deal about components, however the car has covered 41k and its real tidy if this helps at all ?

RS 182 CUP
jack up your front wheels one side at a time, holding the wheel at the 9 and 3 o clock position give it a shake to feel for any play, then do the same again but at the 12 and 6 o clock positions.

ITB 428 Ph1
Okay this is a great method, I can do this myself in my ole garden. I will let you know how I get on. Thankyou

ITB 428 Ph1
Hi

Okay I have jacked up one side at a time and put the wheels in the positions stated above. There is no play in either position. I noticed one side was sitting a little lower on one side as I had the adjust the jack to suit. Could the problem be a worn shock or spring perhaps ?

Cheerz Correy