ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sloshing noise

Since having my stereo stolen in the silence i have noticed a sloshing noise when i accelerate and brake , any idea what it could be. Would it be the fuel tank?

neil

Volvo S60 T5

partially blocked heater matrix causes this i have done a few, it always sorts it out, if you listen hard you will notice it comes from the passenger footwell area.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

No! May sound crazy but my mams old RL used to slosh. It was water in the car shell underneath the drivers side rear passenger window. If you jack up the car and look under that part youll see a ridge running down length of car. Look closer and it intervals you can see a wee slot parrallel to the ridge. They can get clogged. I stuck up a zipper and wiggled it about and cleared it. I had to jack up the front to get it all out but I reckon I drained about 2 litres of water! Before then it had me baffled for ages, would do it with lots of petrol in tank and with very little. Soon as I drained it, problem was solved.

Could have been caused by water getting in when (Im assuming you had window smashed when stereo was stolen) glass was broken or poorly fitted.

Give it a try.

It is deffinatly from the rear of the car and does it with it the time , ill jack the car up and have a look over the weekend

thanx neil

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

will be water in the doors, my mums scenic had exactly same thing. obviously well past renaults capabilitites to find the problem, so me and theold man sorted it. basically they dont have very good plugs, they get all selaled up over time. another top design feature from our french friends!