ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SLR Noob, joining the ranks.

EP3 Civic Type R
Finally took the plunge and bought a Canon eos400d. Was going to get the 450d, but with only being a beginner and me having my own credit crunch I decided to give the 400d a whirl.

Can't wait to get it and start learning more advanced photography. Any hints/tips and sites etc to help me progress from noob to pro would be more than helpful!

A quick question anyway... whats the best memory cards to get for these? Do they take SD cards or are they different? Guessing they are?

Did have a point and shoot Kodak before, which was a pretty decent camera- tried to use as many modes as poss, here's some of my photos from this... I hope to improve MASSIVELY over the coming months..

100_1037.jpg

beforeengine.jpg

hdrfront.jpg

HDRside-1.jpg

I hope I made the right choice with the Canon. After much deliberation and borrowing of friends D40's and 400d's I decided to go with the Canon... eeekk, it's a bit exciting! Can't wait to get it!

Cheers!
Mish

Last edited:
  Fiat Panda 100hp
HDR's are horrid! Learn the basics and start taking some good shots before jumping into HDR.

Sign up on flickr, and they have all the groups and forums for about every different subject you could wish for.

EP3 Civic Type R
LOL, just you wait, David Bailey... here I come :(

I will steer clear of the HDR's until I'm fluent in the language of photography. What I once thought looked great, looks a bit crap tbh!

Bottom 2 look like they have been taken through a steamed up window!!!

All a learning process!!

EP3 Civic Type R
To be fair, they aren't as bad in normal res... photobucket has resized them, but I know what you mean!

SchwepTek™
Good choice. I have a 400d too. I have had it about 6 months now and have learnt most of the basics and am now finding that i am outgrowing the standard kit lens but it is absolutely fine to learn with.

Sounds like you've got yourself a case already so i'd advise a spare battery (we all forget to charge the battery ONCE and only ONCE ;)) and a tripod if your interested in doing night shots, which are very cool!

Just posted up some pics of my trip to New York last week here -

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=355893

EP3 Civic Type R
Schweppy... I saw your pics and forgot to comment early- they are excellent. Already got a tripod as I've been learning with one for a bit and the spare battery will definetly be a purchase as I'm terrible at remembering!

Cheers matey :)

EP3 Civic Type R
Pete, excellent cheers.. all useful info. Just bought 2 x 2GB cards and a 4gb card... Ebay link is handy too- thank you! :)