ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rusty's build (Hero thread related) VERY pic heavy

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I tried but he already has too many friend requests :(

But really glad to see it being brought back to life!

Clio 182ff
The contrasts are intriguing and at times simply stunning...however my first thought was this:

NEgTTSUjKi7Qkm_1_1.jpg

Derelicte...lol

Completely moritifed for him, but surely people must know Rusty can't die.

Regardless of what you think of the design choices, the work and effort put into it all has been comletely off the scale.

Everyone who likes cars should read that build thread.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Was just going to update this!

I hope that video shows people why this car is awesome. Not only will it just not go away but it really gives an inside to the fabrication that's gone into it, it's art in it's own right imo. Well, to someone who appreciates the difficulties that must be involved in creating such a beast it is art anyway.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I need to keep a toe in welding TIG and MIG, it's a skill I really don't want to lose.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
I need to keep a toe in welding TIG and MIG, it's a skill I really don't want to lose.

i thought tig was easier than mig. i find welding the thin pannels a royal cnut.

awesome car. a fav of mine

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
UPDATE.

Rusty-slammington-title.jpg

It's been two years since a garage fire took something very near and dear to me. In a flash, my closest friend was gone, left in the form of warped and tarnished steel. Other cars have come and gone, but none have managed to fill the void Rusty Slammington has left. It's been a year and a half since I've even laid eyes on him; 2000 miles separate us as he lies under a tarp in the driveway of my parents' house, deep in the woods of Middle Tennessee, begging to be brought back to life. I'm asked on a daily basis: "Is he coming back?" "When are you going to work on Rusty again?" Some have insisted that I stop wasting time on other cars - that in some ways this car is more important than anything else I could be doing. And of course, perhaps most enjoyable, there are those whom resent the fact that his return is inevitable. And now the build begins.

In just two weeks, I'll be making the trip from Tennessee to California with Rusty in tow. However, while I haven't been able to put my hands on him in quite a long time, he's been anything but neglected. Over the past two years I've stocked away parts, one at a time: everything from the driveline to the running gear - progress can be measured by more than physical labor. While his return is still a long way off, it's now closer than ever. In a matter of days, he'll be back under the knife once again, and in due time, he will return - bigger and better than ever before.

But for now, I wait patiently. A reunion is coming, my best friend and I. We'll do what we do best: we'll push the bar in one form or another, and as he's always done, he'll be sure to inspire, be it with excitement or detest. But one thing is for sure: it takes more than fire to kill a car.

http://www.stanceworks.com/2013/05/24-months-and-counting/

Excited to see what he's been stock piling and to see how it ends up.

Hero car.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
At last, I've read through his build thread a few times