ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SLR Opinion

Here are some D40 shots with 55-200 VR in overcast conditions, full size can be seen on my Flickr account.

2287092260_f106678a27.jpg

2287080090_543e69fd95.jpg

2285902527_95987f8e68.jpg

2286723458_b69cb22767.jpg

And with 18-55 Lens kit

2211491333_8b13ce3255.jpg

2212285638_b794bef7d9.jpg

And nearly full size crop of the robin:

robincropyy8.jpg

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I never implied any is crap, I am merely stating that for the money you pay ypu would be better with the cannon as you will get more value.

You can get decent results with a pocket camera if you are in the right place at the right time and use the correct post processing so its swings and roundabouts really.

VaVa
How can comparing images taken by two different people at different times in different locations be a fair comparison of a camera ffs!! Come on!!

He's implying the d40 is crap compared to the 400d, which i'm prepared to help prove isn't the case. I'm all ears to hear your better idea sweetness...

The D80 is about on par with the 400d according to dpreview.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos400d/page22.asp

Personally I don't like the way the Nikons I've used process images. Falsely over-saturated inmho, but that could well be a plus for some people!

Ultimately there's f**k all between them... but if you must defend your purchase then so be it. ;)

VaVa
Oh and certainly the D40 lacks a few features that the 400d has.. but in terms of pictures, unless you were blowing up to A3 and beyond I doubt the pixel count makes any odds.

At low ISO you won't notice the difference between entry level and the high end bodies. 400D vs 40D and its near impossible to tell apart, same for D40 vs 400D, its functionality and features that matter as you buy/upgrade.

Astra coupe
can i ask one thing? Why are you only looking at argos. Go to a proper camera shop or buy online. You can get the D40 kit for around £240 now days, 55-200vr is around £115 so for £355 you can get a D40 with the 18-55 kit lens and 55-200vr.

Against from argos you pay £490 and don't even get the VR version.

can i ask one thing? Why are you only looking at argos. Go to a proper camera shop or buy online. You can get the D40 kit for around £240 now days, 55-200vr is around £115 so for £355 you can get a D40 with the 18-55 kit lens and 55-200vr.

Against from argos you pay £490 and don't even get the VR version.
I was only flicking through argos mate as my mate getting a normal digi-cam and I was having a look and then decided I need an SLR. Thanks anyways.

skoda and audi
The samsung dslr gx10 is the same camera as the pentax k10d and uses all the pentax lenses so basically its a good camera if you can live with not having canon or nikon on your camera same as a skoda to a volkwagan.

skoda and audi
so you saying the samsung is not the same as the pentax could you please explain the difference as from using pentax forums they are regarded the same camera apart from the name.

pmsl at this thread, some quality comments/arguments. I'm personally looking forward to the Clart vs. S666 face off.

Closing comment: my K850i is only just shy of the resolution of my D50.

Closing comment 2: handling is everything. Really isn't much between Canon and Nikon at any level, but they 'hold' very differently and it's completely personal preference. There really isn't a valid argument of getting one over the other unless you've held both, and then it's a personal preference anyway.

so you saying the samsung is not the same as the pentax could you please explain the difference as from using pentax forums they are regarded the same camera apart from the name.

im not saying those arnt teh same camera. what im saying is that there is alot more too it than not having canon or nikon on your camera !!!

skoda and audi
the plus point with pentax is that the body as shake reduction inside the camera body so you can buy long focal length prime lenses of ebay for peanuts and have shake reduction without paying hundreads of pounds.for example 200mm f4 prime £25.00 and a 135mm f2.8 for around £40.00 and these lenses are very sharp and built like a tank no plastic.

yeah but the pentax is pretty shitty. if you want in body image stabiliasation then there is only one, well no sorry, there is two answers... Olympus E3 and Olympus E510

Yes I have tried one, I found colour representation poor, auto focus slow, and dynamic range also pretty rubbish.

random photos arent exactly great for saying how good a camera is or isnt. In a back to back test with my E1, an E420, a canon 400d and the Pentax, the pentax was imo noticeably poor.

end of the day they are never all going to be shooting the exact same bit of glass so 100% comparisons cant really be made