ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sluggish start up

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Hi Folks as per the title my PH2 172 has until recently pretty much started first time and I was merrily on my way.

However in the last month or so in the morning it is the second or third time she fires up or if it is first time it takes a lot of turning and then sounds like it is struggling for the first few mins, I have checked the battery and the voltage is 12.6 v so seems ok, probably unrelated as but it idles low too (approx 600rpm or so) but I know from my PH1 this is a clio trait and it hasn't stalled or cut out yet. Any suggestions would be much appreciated (It wouldn't be a TDC sensor would it as this is predominately hot start) It almost feels mixture related but not sure and so far it has never failed to start

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Could be anything Lambda, coilpack, injectors etc, any warning codes?

Need to get it plugged in and look for codes/livedata etc.

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Yeah that was my thoughts too, I was just gonna go for the K-Tec one to see if there are any codes, these are decent enough?

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Hi folks got it plugged in today and the following code came up
DF024 which I believe is Low pressure actuator control circuit from a quick search can anyone shed some light on what this could be and what I need to cure it? Cheers

Ph2 172
I feel your pain, I'm having a mare at the moment with the car not starting at all, think I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new tdc as that's where it's all pointing even though it's a new style one on.
Can't help you on the code unfortunately, have you tried jumping it from cold to see if it starts any better?

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Hey folks sorry for no reply been on holiday cleaned up the crank sensor and replaced the coolant temp sensor and seems to be better touch wood the battery is showing above 14v under load

Ph2 172
Hey folks sorry for no reply been on holiday cleaned up the crank sensor and replaced the coolant temp sensor and seems to be better touch wood the battery is showing above 14v under load

Good to hear, would have been interesting to do one before the other to see which made the difference.
Turns out my crank sensor was an eBay job which was giving me my issue so maybe worth checking that too!

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Aye I have ordered a oe sensor and loom too from Renaultparts as mine looks like one of the cheapo eBay sensors too so I'll change it over when it comes