ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

smashed headlight but xenon bulbs still work !

clio 182 +cup packs
Hi all,
My mrs managed to smash my drivers headlight to bits but the xenon bulbs still work fine, can i simply get a standard clio headlight (non xenon) and plug my bulbs into the casing.... i dont wanna have to buy the whole unit you see ££££££. or if not does anyone know of a drivers side casing for sale(doesnt matter if the bulbs are knackered)
please help........:(

You probably could, but it'd be proper gay. People sell casings quite often on here, you could just get some non-sport ones from a scrappies for the time being until you find a new case?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
A regular light cluster won't give off the correct light scatter patter, iirc. Someone else could confirm.

Da

Less
A HID gives off very little heat in comparison to a filament lamp and as stated you will need the correct projector style headlamp or you will scatter the beam and blind everyone.

No, it won't fit in a standard headlight, they're a different bulb fitment, and you'd also need somewhere to put the ballast and have to re-wire a bit to fit the starter. You can buy empty casings and just swap the ballasts and starters over.

Golf GT TDI
i might be able to help you i have a bare xennon shell no bulbs etc i will look which side it is later, pm me if your intrested

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
iirc and correct me if im wrong a xenon lamp actually gives off less heat than a standard lamp

oh and a bulb is something you plant in the garden :rasp:

Sparky by any chance? ;)

Should be a Xenon lamp tbh!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
bulb_cross_section.jpg

Thats a bulb. ;)