ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

smashed samsung galxy s2 screen

Black gold 182
hey guys,
does anyone know whether you can get replacement screens? if so how much? and is it easy to do? otherwise i'm gunna have to go down to the carphone warehouse and pay 5 million pounds -.-
cheers
Deano

Mito Sportiva 135
I just got mine replaced through insurance. I would recommend getting it done properly...the kits cost as much as £100, are fiddly and if you mess up you need a whole new phone. Annoying I know...

If you don't have insurance though might be worth looking into, but it isn't as simple as taking the old one out and slotting the new one in. I would do some reading on the subject to help you make your mind up mate.

182FF with cup packs
Try going direct to Samsung.

I did that with HTC and my Nexus One. Was only slightly more than buying a kit and doing it myself, and they picked it up from work, fixed it, billed me, dropped it back to work.

~£75 IIRC

Is it the LCD thats broken, or just the glass on the front?

Black gold 182
just the glass front :/ phobe works perfectly lol just have the problem of no spare unlocked phone.....

182FF with cup packs
Hmm, a bit of googling seems to suggest that the Glass/AMOLED/Digitiser are all one laminated piece.

It would appear that you can with a lot of effort and care de-laminate the glass from the rest and replace just that yourself, but you run the risk of killing the screen and/or touch digitiser anyway, so unless you're pretty confident then I wouldn't go that route. It involves using a heat gun and a very sharp thin knife to heat the adhesive that bond them together and prising them apart.

You can source a Glass/AMOLED/Digitiser and replace that following this video. Ebay seems to be your best bet, and it'll cost about £125. Fairly simple process.