ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smashed up my 182

Orange 182
Sorry to have held you up karen ;)

Omar's spot on. The car did an amazing job of protecting me.

I know its just a car but I'm one of those blokes who grows ridiculously attached to cars. I keep expecting it to be parked on my drive every time I go outside (sad I know hehe).

I'm going to look at a Inferno 182 at a local garage today, you know, to ease the pain ;)

Anyone know if there are any trophys left to buy?

MKIII 138
yea aquaplaining is s**t, im amazed at the ammount of motorways with standing water and poor drainige the road should be angled to allow run off.

wonder if its anything to do with the 172/182 lightweight and wide tyres ? probably not ive aquaplained in my dads merc before and that weighs nearly 2 tons v. scary for anything that got in the way of that !

gutted for you mate, word of caution dont do over 50mph when really wet just a safety net. The clio is designed for best protection at around 40mph so breaking from 50 should see you safe in nearly all circumstances.. however 70mph is pushing it.

still amazing how tough the little clio is thanks reno :)

in fact its amazing how tough modern cars are, my mate last week had a head on colision combined speed 100mph ! no injuries ! ford focus is also a tough little number

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Trail182 said:
Sorry to have held you up karen ;)

Omar's spot on. The car did an amazing job of protecting me.

I know its just a car but I'm one of those blokes who grows ridiculously attached to cars. I keep expecting it to be parked on my drive every time I go outside (sad I know hehe).

I'm going to look at a Inferno 182 at a local garage today, you know, to ease the pain ;)

Anyone know if there are any trophys left to buy?

theres two 182's at autoworld willenhall with recaro's in mate if thats any help,i'm really gutted for you mate,what part of the toll road was it on i worked on it for 2 years

Orange 182
Feeling better today as I drove an Inferno 182 that I was interested in... £10995 for 54 plate with 5k on the clock. Loved the colour but not sure if I liked it as much as my old Arctic Blue one.

Going to look at a Trophy tomorrow... I'm worried I'll fall in love with it and want to buy it straight away tho. Problem is I wont have money until I get paid by my insurance.

Anyone got an idea of how long it normally takes for insurance companies to offer an amount when a car has been written off? I'll probably end up rejecting the initial offer as they will try to take the piss?

Cheers again

Pete.

Shhh
Ive lost grip in the 182 before, been on the A17 outside sleaford on a due carriageway about 80 ish in the rain when the car lost grip, the kicked right. I steered to compensate and it came back into line. Thought i was going to lose it on that bend.

Asked a guy in work who drives that road all the time, he said the water runs down the centre of the carriageway then across both lanes at bottom of the hill. Just looked like a stream. This was on a slight curve too.....

Got lucky on this one.....

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That looks bad.If the insurance kick up a fuss get photo's of a wet night where it happened and try to blame the toll

ian

clio 182 black /gold
Sorry to hear that and im glad your ok. It is a real shame but the car can be replaced but you can,t

Clio 182
damn hate to read these story's but i am glad everyone was able to walk away from this one.... GL 182 hunting.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Trail182 said:
Feeling better today as I drove an Inferno 182 that I was interested in... £10995 for 54 plate with 5k on the clock. Loved the colour but not sure if I liked it as much as my old Arctic Blue one.

Going to look at a Trophy tomorrow... I'm worried I'll fall in love with it and want to buy it straight away tho. Problem is I wont have money until I get paid by my insurance.

Anyone got an idea of how long it normally takes for insurance companies to offer an amount when a car has been written off? I'll probably end up rejecting the initial offer as they will try to take the piss?

Cheers again

Pete.

Go for the inferno you wont regret it!!!:D

Who you insured with?? uk insurance (Directline, tesco privilege etc) normally pay out within three weeks!!

Orange 182
Insurance is with First Alternative (sister company to E-Sure). I'm really not sure what they're going to offer me, I'll just have to wait and see. I've really looked after my car but I guess theres no real way of proving that to them apart from the fact that I had it serviced at 12k etc?

Got to admit, the Inferno was lovely and I'm sure in the sun it would be even tastier. Want to see Capsicum Red on the Trophy tomorro tho before making any decisions.

Ford Fiesta
If I was buying again now Id go for a trophy!
Glad you are well.

Def just the water then not the wheel coming off or owt daft? Took my centre cap from my front wheel off the other day first time sicne got car in june 04 and LOCKING WHEEL NUT JUST FELL OUT, not even tightened up. well done renault dealer!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Trail182 said:
Insurance is with First Alternative (sister company to E-Sure). I'm really not sure what they're going to offer me, I'll just have to wait and see. I've really looked after my car but I guess theres no real way of proving that to them apart from the fact that I had it serviced at 12k etc?

Got to admit, the Inferno was lovely and I'm sure in the sun it would be even tastier. Want to see Capsicum Red on the Trophy tomorro tho before making any decisions.

There a massive company part of halifax. The bigger companies seem to act quicker in my expierence and knowledge.

Orange 182
Had a look at the trophy... it had 5k miles on it but the front tyres were absolutely destroyed! I mentioned it to the salesman and he got really arsey with me lol.

I liked the Trophy very much but I just wish it had Xenons and CC like my 182. I'm sure I could live without them but it looks like if I want one I'll have to get one new anyway as this example looked like it had been cained for the first 5k.

Anyone who works for Renault want to help me out with the Friends and family scheme? I'll give you some of the money I save ;)

Ad

MK2 FRS
Bargin hard on the inferno, you must be able to get them down on that forcourt price of 10995!!

Sorry to hear about this. I remember when you got the car and posted your pictures. Such a shame. Glad your ok.

I know how you feel mate, its guttin! Someone pulled out in front of me last wednesday and i lost my front end! i was gutted. The repair shop said its repairable, but it wont be the same, not knowing that the airbags fired anyway!