ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smeary Wax P*ssing me off

Elise S1 B&C 140
HAd the clio valeted a while back now and it looks mint. Been topping up the wax every so often. Meguires NXT spray wax stuff leaves a perfect finish when done but next time i wash the car and dry it (microfibre) the wax ends up all smeary and patchy.

Anything i can do and can anyone reccomend a decent wax that wont do this thanks

Rich

Elise S1 B&C 140
no i origionally though i had put swirl marks back in the paint. But have been so careful when washing it cant believe thats true. Anyway if i rub harder with the microfibre the smears eventually go but it took 10 mins to do the wing alone. I dont wanna spend this much time on every single wash.

cheers

Blue Sport 182
I use Auto Glym mate and its works a treat. Just got a pack of cheap polishing cloths from tesco (about £3 for 3), wash it with triple wax, dry it with the chamois leather, then put the wax on and give it a wipe down. Doesnt leave all the crappy crumby bits that most do and gives it a great finish! :)

Elise S1 B&C 140
Sounds like the general consensus is to bin the NXT then lol:rasp:

Cheers for the help guys what wax would you recommend ??

106 GTi
Depending what you want to spend.

On Monaco Blue for me.

P21s
Chemical Guys 50/50
Swissvax Onyx

Blue Sport 182
Well i'm not at home so can't get the exact name off the bottle but its an autoglym product. It was about £7 for a bottle and you dont need 2 do it everytime you wash the car, especially if you're using tripple wax shampoo

Mito Sportiva 135
I wasn't aware AG made a wax...?

I would go for the CG 50/50 or P21s as a starter wax, although even the CG XXX wax is really good for the money. Sadly I never use mine anymore due to having the Onyx, which is brilliant.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yep, SRP all the way. Although I do really like the Sonus Paint Cleaner, looks and works the same but smells of lemons. MMM! ;)

visualize whirled pe
AG do a new auqua spray wax for about £10 a bottle which you use after drying the car. I've never used it but I rate AG products so I'd give it a whirl if I see it in a shop.

AG do a new auqua spray wax for about £10 a bottle which you use after drying the car. I've never used it but I rate AG products so I'd give it a whirl if I see it in a shop.

The AG rep was talking to me yesterday about this product, I've not yet tried it but looks good value as it comes with two microfibers for around £15 rrp. Smells of bubblegum!

RichRSi where have you seen it for £10, and was this the twin MF cloth kit?

clio 172 exclusive n
Sounds like the general consensus is to bin the NXT then lol:rasp:

Cheers for the help guys what wax would you recommend ??

i bought harleys wax from ebay its pure caranuba wax cost 24.99 including 1st class recorded post with 6 very good cloths id recomend and ill be buying again you can get it cheaper without the cloths just type harley wax into the ebay search bar they do the p21s on there as well roughly same price delivered

it goes on nice and buffs off brilliant leaves a very nice finish as well its very vey good for dark cars

mines a dark metalic green and it came up really really nice

nice1