ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smoke

When i give my valver a bit of stick especially in first, i get a nice puf of black smoke from my exhaust, is this something to worry about or just usual. there is no smoke on tickover and i only get it when i rag it!

Williams 2, STi N12

Is that from cold?? Does it stop when the thing is all warm? Could be the piston rings wearing and burning oil when the revs and loading is high. Most cars do this at that age. Keep flogging it, if it dies get a new one, but have fun in the meantime.

no it does it when its warm as well, i think anyway, ill check tonight, how much does it cost to get the piston rings sorted?

is it anything to worry bout though, cos i dont want to leave it and then find somint goes bang!!!!!! cos it will end up costing me more in the long run!