ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

smoking 182

when i reach 5500 rpm upto the rev limiter , i get lots of white smoke billowing from the exhaust. water level is ok, oil level ok and clean.

I dont notice the smoke, but I do notice a certain odour coming from the engine... the smell of victory maybe? :)

Yaris Hybrid

You sure its smoke?

I took mine up to the red line the other day when it was pretty cold outside and I looked in the mirror to see plumes of condensation from the exhausts streaming up over the rear window. Some strange aerodynamique effect.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

It just condensation in the exhaust, when it has been running for 20mins or so it and is hot goes.... Nothing to worry about!

Quote: Originally posted by seren 182 on 04 January 2005

I posted about this a while back. It is condensation but it can be rather embarassing.
Yeah especially when you think its a head gasket and call the AA out for a tow!!!!!! lol I laugh about it now

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by Sport172 on 04 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by seren 182 on 04 January 2005

I posted about this a while back. It is condensation but it can be rather embarassing.
Yeah especially when you think its a head gasket and call the AA out for a tow!!!!!! lol I laugh about it now

ROFL!!!!!!! Hahahahaha! Glad u see the funny side lol :p

Clio 197

(theyre probably about right but....)

Check that you dont have too much oil in the engine, as this caused huge clouds of white smoke after my service..... I thought Id buggered the engine!