ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

smoothing the tailgate

i have removed both door handles and lock from my clio phase 1, the boot id completely smoothed off except for the boot lock if i remove this how do you fit some mechanical back up device incase of the battery going flat?

any ideas?

the only way not electrical would be to pull the handle and put down the back seats! lol!

how much does it cost to get a boot totally smoothed?

how easy is it to hook up a solenoid to pop the boot?

would know about cost my mate sprays tvrs for dixon so we have worked togeather on my car,

i am an electrcian, took me about six hours to fit and wire my solenoids for my front doors they have buttons under the wing mirrors which you have to have for mot, and on a remote on the keys,

just that to smooth my boot completly would take away all visual exterior entries to the car, the only thing i can think is the solinoids will operate on 9v so to wire in an extra circuit for the boot solinoid then connecting a 9v battery onto it so if the main battery fails if i press the button for the boot that will still work.