ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snes Retro fun

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I thought I would dig the Super Nintendo out of my parents loft,
The graphics are shocking but I'm so frickin excited:smile:.

Looks like I'll be busy for the next few months mastering Street Fighter 2 and the Mario's again,
IMG_1387.JPG IMG_1388.JPG

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the prices are mental for some of those games,
Street Fighter 2 Cheat
Down R, Up L, Y, B, X, A
It must be burnt into my Medial temporal lobe as I automatically did it on the start up screen without even thinking about it, Like some trigger for a Russian sleeper agent.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Does that make into into sf turbo ?, vaguely remember the cheat
Best snes games
Zelda
Metroid,mario kart,turtles in time was great

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I remember the sonic cheat. Up, down, left, right, A, Start.
Can't remember what it did though but it something instilled in my brain.

Going to have to look at getting an old console.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Zelda is awesome, easily the best game of my childhood, I've played it through more recently on RetroPie.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Wasn't WWF on this?

Vaguely remember being Shaun Michael's (in pink trousers!) Ruining people. I never had a SNES but used to play it round my mates at the time. Pretty sure it was on this?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Wasn't WWF on this?

Vaguely remember being Shaun Michael's (in pink trousers!) Ruining people. I never had a SNES but used to play it round my mates at the time. Pretty sure it was on this?
I bet a like from Carlyou have those pink trousers as macho man said OOOHHHHH YEAHHHHH

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Striker - Pilot Wings - Super Mario Kart.

MANY hours wasted on those

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I remember Lion King on the Snes. was good apart from you could never save it!!
Imagine playing a game now and having to start from the beginning each time.. effort.

I have pre ordered the Nintendo box that comes out in November with 30 old games installed on it!

Was playing on a MegaDrive on Sunday.
Shocking graphics now but was good fun.
I've got a boxed MD2 with Sonic 2 on it. I bought a load of old games several years ago, Micro Machines & all Sonic the Hedgehogs, I have SFII with six button joypads etc. All of it's boxed too.
Might have to get it & crack it out.

DCi
I remember Lion King on the Snes. was good apart from you could never save it!!
Imagine playing a game now and having to start from the beginning each time.. effort.

I have pre ordered the Nintendo box that comes out in November with 30 old games installed on it!
I had a game called quackshot or something like that on the mega drive

It was the same idea... The amount of times I got to the last boss and couldn't win...!!

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I found my ps1 the other day too.
keep meaning to try it so my boys can have a go on Colin mcrae rally

Kangoo, XJ, Jeep GC
My old Megadrive and X-Box 360 buried under the usual pile of crap on the Wife’s dressing table.

I found Super Monaco GP a few months ago and excitedly put it on for a blast. It used to be such an amazing game. Now it’s really bad.

DAD9D839-1EC2-4795-91D3-80B373A0FF9C.jpeg

I still like Road Rash, John Madden, Streets of Rage, Outrun, Golden Axe and Altered Beast though, whilst the Wife is working her way through the Assasins Creed games on the X-Box.

We keep on saying that we’ll buy a PS4 or X-Box One, especially with games such as RDR2 available, but there’s still so many games we need to complete on other platforms, and if we did buy a newer console, I don’t think either of us would get anything done for a couple of months.

I think I’ll leave it until the next GTA comes out, whenever the hell that will be. (any news on that front by the way?)

Kangoo, XJ, Jeep GC
And as far as the SNES, (I had a Jap import Super Famicom), F-Zero was one of my favourites.

Talking of which, I might have a blast of Mario Galaxy 8 on the Wee soon.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I was taking mine to work a lot with me as we have a lot of time sitting doing nothing.
Me and my mate got gold cups in all of the Mario kart races. Some of that was infuriating.

I've started Mario on my own and get pissed off with it at times. It'll be one to come away with me when I'm away for work..