ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SNOOPER S6-R Neo

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont bother, the database isnt up to much and though i did get a newer one with better software, it hardly ever worked

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

dont get 1, if u can help it, get a road angel or a origin b2, the snooper gps database is crap,

Skoda Fabia vRS

it took ages to log onto the required number of satellites, whereas my road angel is workin by the time i get off the drive most mornings

it also stopped working during driving a number of times which my road angel has NEVER done

it also warned me of cameras which had been gone many months previous

in the end i had the unit replaced with a new one which i sold on Ebay

the newer one did work a LOT better than the other unit i had, but i still feel the Road Angel is FAR superior

2012 WRX Waggon

I am just in the process of registering my Neo (234 quid from Costco;))

Only had a quick play so far, I am having problems locating the antenna though, as the GPS signal dont like the coated windscreen - Its a problem with all GPS systems apparently. Trying it on the rear parcel shelf, though its view of the heavens is limited in the clio.

when I hold the antenna out the window, I pick up more satellites than I can shake a stick at!

Gonna try a download in a bit, then go for a drive.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

because, the original origin blue i, was a wicked system, roadangel built there system on the smae hardware as the blue i, then the b2 has come out, and has MUCH better hardware and much better software, also the b2 tells u loads more than the road angel does, the blue i tells u loads more than the road angel, so either get a blue i or get a b2, a road angel just isnt worth it.

2012 WRX Waggon

Well just got back in from my test drive (to Tesco past a GATSO).

Reversed out the garage and locked onto 2 satellites straight away, 10 secs later all 4 on the start up screen had been aquired.

twice on the journey, I dropped down to one sat for a few hundred yards, which I believe is due to obstructions - during this period speed indication was lost, and the direction of travel indication froze - Only the atomic clock signal got through.

At the GATSO, got a "croaking" type alarm (think a bleep would be better) and one of the 4 way direction arrows illuminated indicating the direction of the camera. The screen displayed Road Number, Road Speed, Current Speed, and distance to the camera in meters.

Overall I am really pleased with it, obviously its my first "outing" but so far so good.

I was going to buy a Blue i, but Costco cocked up and offered the Neo instead at 234 quid!!!!! Halfords want 499:eek:

Wheres the cheapest place for an origin b2 ?? Theres one on ebay for £350 but thats seems a lot !!!

Also as the origin has GPS speed thingy do u reckon it could be used to calculate a 0-60 ??

2012 WRX Waggon

nah mate - the GPS is only acurate to 10 meters so speed is only rough, and the indicated speed can be a few seconds behind actual.

2012 WRX Waggon

Guys if uve got a "coated" windscreen (like the 172) - DONT get a unit with an integral antenna - cos it wont work!

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by visceral on 27 December 2003

twice on the journey, I dropped down to one sat for a few hundred yards, which I believe is due to obstructions - during this period speed indication was lost, and the direction of travel indication froze - Only the atomic clock signal got through.
get used to that mate, thats what mine used to do, though sometimes mine would completely freeze and the only way to get it back was to turn it off then on again

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

they will work if u have a coated windscreen there is a small patch that is un coated, and if the gps unit is pushed up to that it will work, and if u buy a b2 u get an internal and external areil, and 350quid is a very good price, rrp is nearer 450 !

2012 WRX Waggon

yeah Malice, u can push them towards the uncoated spot, I tried that with my antenna, but because it sat some distance away on the dash, it only supplied a "letterbox" view of the sky.

I dont think the 172 is the most gps friendly car.

Not had a total freeze yet Brun, but yesterday I was unable to get a sat lock....is it best to establish a lock before moving off? I tried this on the way back and had at least 3 sats all the way home.

Its funny on bendy roads, as u approach a camera round a bend (whilst ur heading toward it as the crow flies) it goes off....u start to turn the bend, and point away from the camera for a few seconds and the alarm vanishes, them as u turn back towards it...all hell breaks loose!!! LOL\

Still happy...though not totally confident, though I think its more to do with my car, and antenna location than the unit itself.

So overall would you say it is worth getting one?

What sort of time do you get, enough to loost 10mph off the speed?

Do tehy detect mobile cameras?

They give you a choice.. 1000m is the highest. Mobile, it detects when its being done on ya.. but the Origin also tells ya where the hiding places are which the police use.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by visceral on 30 December 2003

Still happy...though not totally confident, though I think its more to do with my car, and antenna location than the unit itself.
well mines a Mk1 RT and obviously doesnt have a fancy windscreen, and it used to do all that you have mentioned to me, i personally think it will be the unit and not the antenna

2012 WRX Waggon

When the weather clears up abit Brun, gonna try sticking the antenna on the roof with blue tack, and see how it performs.

I really do think its a car related problem, the MK2 has a limited view of the sky at the rear with the rear glass being almost vertical, and u can just forget the front with the coated windscreen.

I find establishing an initial lock is the most important bit, and that seems alittle hit and miss, sometimes I have full lock by the time the cars outta the garage.

Gonna fit the radar/laser head tomorrow, that should be fun!