ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snow foam lance issue

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Bought a snow foam lance from my local detailer shop couple years ago. Never had a problem and now there is no snow coming out the lance just pure water, I have noticed a hole pin size hole on the top of the thread cap and abit of water is escaping out. Not sure if it it's a simple fix or need a brand new one? Still not sure if the hole was there from new or just came up. My dad said is there a missing part like a washer?

Any help much appreciated

GTD, Lupo
The hole is there'to let pressure out the bottle. Has the clear pickup tube dropped off into the bottle. i made the mistake of not fitting mine when i first got it and just had water coming out.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The hole is there'to let pressure out the bottle. Has the clear pickup tube dropped off into the bottle. i made the mistake of not fitting mine when i first got it and just had water coming out.

I can't be certain but I'm sure it was intact, if it was how can I take it apart?

koi

Audi S1
What lance have you got? There's a guide to take apart and clean the autobrite one over on dw

Arctic 182
Mine did this all you have to do ist leave the foaming head in hot water for 10 mins or so and then do the usual fill the bottle then go from - to + again and again cleaned mine out a treat.

Hope this helps.

BG182FF
link to cleaning autobrite one please Koi :)

mines doing the same but might be cos my Karcher is broke :( it feels like it has its own heart beat lol

koi

Audi S1
Original post can be found here http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=84349

Here is just a quick detailed guide/step by step on how to disassemble/Assemble your Autobrite H/D foam lance if its blocked or down in performance and may need cleaning! Thats if you are up to it.:D
It only takes a tiny piece of dirt/grit to block the lance and it will need a clean out for the limescale and soap build-up in the gauze in the end of the lance.

Ok here goes!

The lance (with our new Karcher connector)

Step 1 Take off Karcher connector (unscrew) (this will have either threadlock or PTFE tape)

Step 2 Unscrew the Stainless Steel threaded bar (this will have either threadlock or PTFE tape)

Step 3 There you can see the injector that uncrews out via a flat screwdriver,unscrew it and it comes out,check that there is no grit in the hole in the injector.

Step 4 Unscrew with a flat screwdriver

Step 5 Now its time to remove the plastic body,get a small screwdriver and push the metal peg through.

You should now be left with this

Step 6 Prise the plastic/metal fan blades off with a flat screw drive

Step 7 In a vice unscrew the foam end body (use a suitable spanner or adjustable spanner)

You are now left with this

Step 8 Get a small screwdriver and insert in the small brass connector to reveal the metal gauze,if your lance is suffering from lack of foam this part will likely to be blocked with soap scum etc,a good soaking in a metal cleaner should do the trick

Step 9 Unscrew the black knob adjuster with a philips screwdriver

Step 10 Remove the rubber seal to prevent damage caused by furthur inspection of the lance

Step 11 Back in the vice with a adjustable spanner to remove the main part of the body

You are left with this

A quick check that all holes are not blocked with anything

Ok so now you have checked and cleaned the lance now its time to put it back together again..

This is the order from right to left on the strip down of the lance, from Karcher connector to the main body of the lance

Step 12 Some threadlock is required or PTFE tape to seal and lock the joints back together again,we will start with the main lance body

Step 13 Replace the rubber seal into the groove

Step 14 Replace the metal gauze into the brass connector

Step 15 Apply some threadlock or PTFE to the end brass connector thread and tighten

Step 15 Replace the black adjustable knob with a philips screwdriver

Step 16 Replace the black plastic/metal adjustable blades by pushing it on the brass end connector and it will click into place

Step 17 Replace the black plastic main body over the adjustable blades as pic

Step 18 Replace the metal peg into the black plastic body by just pusing it in

Step 19 Replace the injector by screwing it back in via a flat screwdriver

Step 20 Replace the steel bar into the foam lance main body with either threadlock or PTFE tape then replace the Karcher plastic connector onto the bar with PTFE and screwing it on tightly ensuring the Karcher plastic lugs are pointing upright to ensure the right vertical connection to your karcher gun/lance.

Ok that just about does it, this takes approx 10 minutes and is very easy to do,we thought we would post this prcedure on DW to help members to service and look after the lance they have.

These were the tools used in this task!

and a vice

Thanks for reading!

Regards Mark:thumb:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Awesome thanks for posting that, didn't realise there was so many parts to dismantle