ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SNR Bearing Vs. Genuine

Need a new front wheel bearing for my cup packed 182, so the larger one (84mm OD)

Am I best off getting a Genuine one, or is SNR an OE Equivalent?

Only reason I ask I'd normally go Genuine but I can get the SNR from Euro Car Parts a day sooner which would be a big help, even if it'd cost me a fiver more

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I've had SNR bearings and didn't notice any difference to the Renault ones. Buy the SNR ones as they are a lot cheaper and work just as well.

Paint the hubs while you are at it. If you have the time buy some bilt hamber deox-c crystals and leave them in a bucket of it a day or two to get rid of all the rust first before painting.

Perfect, thanks for that @optical

I'd love to tidy it and paint it up but unfortunately I'm a bit stuck as I need the car done ASAP (daily driver)

Also interestingly, I can get a genuine one cheaper than I can find a SNR one anywhere, so will probably just hold out the extra day and wait for the Genuine one

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I read that as well.

I have genuine ones and haven't had an issue, but if you can get SNR ones cheaper, go for that. But seems not going by your post.