ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So, 1080p is dead then?

Interesting.

I'm looking at getting a projector before Christmas for around £2k.

Might be worth holding off, although £2k probably won't get close.

Golf GTD Mk7
I'm sorry, but how much better can the human eye detect. Blue ray is pretty perfect to be honest. You'd have to have a monumental screen to make 1080p blue ray look crap.

182FF with cup packs
I'm sorry, but how much better can the human eye detect. Blue ray is pretty perfect to be honest. You'd have to have a monumental screen to make 1080p blue ray look crap.

Well 35mm film itself is is about the equivalent of 4k vertical resolution, IMAX is 7k. You have to sacrifice detail to get a film onto 1080p bluray.

Golf GTD Mk7
Well 35mm film itself is is about the equivalent of 4k vertical resolution, IMAX is 7k. You have to sacrifice detail to get a film onto 1080p bluray.

I get that, but you're not going to have a screen large enough in a house that will cause it to require that resolution surely? Granted projectors are different, but still.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
The screen would have to be at least 60+ inch to notice.

My old lecturer was a camera op for 20 years did alot of work for JVC, still goes to their yearly meetings in Vegas and stuff.

He gets to test their new tech inc the xbox back in the day and the HDD. He also had a 120" or there abouts HDTV delivered to his house to test for a few months.

IMMENSE. Although he said he spent alot of time watching Sponge bob on it as his kid loved it flol.

He was talking about the HKS UltraHD tv a few years back. 7,680 × 4,320 iirc.