ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

so... anyone got a 172, and regrets it?

yes & no

doesn't feel anywhere near as special as my 205, but perhaps wasn't going to. nothing else of its age/type i'd rather have though

Italian 3.2 V6
well even tho I'm paying insane insurance, both my xenons have gone, aircon needs re-gassed, car steams up due to a broken seel sumwer, plus a few other little gay problems I still love it! Sumtimes think y didn't I buy a 133 RS, new, fresh, cheap! LOL

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Yes and no! Yes because its a looker with generely good performance and no because i should have built my mk1 nova with the money spent on it!

DMS

A thirsty 172
I kinda wish I'd got a 182, but if truth be told I can't really complain since in reality there's little, if any performance difference that I can see.
I think the 182 rear end looks better with the twin exit exhaust system that's all, and of course it'd be a bit newer than a 172.

+1 on the 106 GTi's though... most fun car I've ever owned (even though it spent most of its time broken).

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I was disappointed with my 182 when I bought it. Way down on power.:dapprove:
She's loosened up now and the mods seem to be working correctly also.:)

i do love my cup and the colour, but i sometimes miss the discreetness of my old 172 and all the toys, especially the xenons

DMS

A thirsty 172
Yeah... the Xenon headlights are awesome. I drove my dad's car the other day and the headlights were rubbish down dark roads by comparison.

Titanium 182
Only had mine a few days so not regretting it yet! :D

Everyone of my friends loves it! I think I'm slightly embarrassed when people ask what my new car is and I say 'it's a Clio' but everyone seems to instantly know what it is, even some of my girl mates which I'm suprised about - 'oh, it's a 172 Sport! I love it!'

brings a massive smile to your face, and compared to the Fiesta has sooo many little bits to play around with :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
put it this way, i bought my 172 2 years ago for £7200 (was very high price even at that time) but worth it due to low millage and warranty etc. then i paid £2500 3rd party to insure it at 18. never looked back since, i love it, best car ive ever owned, i can now afford to insure much faster cars, most of my mates have 400bhp+ evos, imprezas etc and yet i dont want to change, theres nothing under £30,000 id change it for!!

Titanium 182
put it this way, i bought my 172 2 years ago for £7200 (was very high price even at that time) but worth it due to low millage and warranty etc. then i paid £2500 3rd party to insure it at 18. never looked back since, i love it, best car ive ever owned, i can now afford to insure much faster cars, most of my mates have 400bhp+ evos, imprezas etc and yet i dont want to change, theres nothing under £30,000 id change it for!!

You're 19 and your friends are driving about in 400bhp+ Japanese weapons?

And maybe you can afford to insure faster cars, but then saying that I would too if I was paying £2.5k on insurance tpft!

audi a6 3.0tdi
I don't like my new one as much as my old one and after driving my vectra the clio deffinately feels old. Apart from that it still puts a smile on my face just coz of all the noise it makes, its a proper little stripped out racer :)

Elise S1 B&C 140
pleased with the car but still regret buying it, if id waited a few months i could have bought an elise instead.

Clio 172 mk2
Never regretted buying my 172, had it three years and it's still doing good service

Tax and values major pain in the arse now though:(

Titanium 182
pleased with the car but still regret buying it, if id waited a few months i could have bought an elise instead.

I was in a similar situation to you then, only reason I opted for the 172 over the Elise was because of university - I really don't think an Elise would have been suitable nor affordable as a student!