ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So embrassed by my new scorpion exhaust sound :(

Clio 182
image.jpg

clio 182 FF + chipped
Yours sit a lot better than mine car.crash altho on zoom I can see your right pipe sits slightly over.

Here's the pics from side..
image.jpg
image.jpg

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
It looks to me that the left hand side (as you look from the rear) just needs to be raised a little so that it sits level.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm looking on my phone but it looks like one of the mounts is rubbing on the heat shield?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I have a really thick rubber boot mat to help with droning. It really does cut the noise down quite a bit.
like this stuff: http://www.martins-rubber.co.uk/products/electrical-safety-matting/
I bought some 1 inch thick stuff like above , took the boot mat out of the clio and layed it on top of the rubber mat and used it as a template to cut an exact copy of the boot. I now have it sitting on top of the existing boot mat and the other benefit is that stuff doesnt slide about in the boot as much.

clio 182 FF + chipped
I have a really thick rubber boot mat to help with droning. It really does cut the noise down quite a bit.
like this stuff: http://www.martins-rubber.co.uk/products/electrical-safety-matting/
I bought some 1 inch thick stuff like above , took the boot mat out of the clio and layed it on top of the rubber mat and used it as a template to cut an exact copy of the boot. I now have it sitting on top of the existing boot mat and the other benefit is that stuff doesnt slide about in the boot as much.

Thanks I deffo need this or something similar!

So there's a lot of people who have had problems with the fitment of scorpion exhausts. Has nobody complained? £404 to me is a hell of a lot of money to me not to have something fit right. I've emailed scorpion about the problems I've had with pictures also. As we shouldn't have to be cutting boxes and bending pipes ourselves after spending that much money.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Brackets rubbing against the bottom of the car won't be causing your problems.
The exhaust is boomy and loud, it's the way the exhaust is - it just doesn't have enough silencing material in it to do the job.

Only option is to chuck the backbox and try to find a decent condition standard backbox instead.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Brackets rubbing against the bottom of the car won't be causing your problems.
The exhaust is boomy and loud, it's the way the exhaust is - it just doesn't have enough silencing material in it to do the job.

Only option is to chuck the backbox and try to find a decent condition standard backbox instead.

No, it's because the tyre pressures are down a few psi, that's lowering the car and creating a audible vortex beneath the car, which in turn in amplifying the scorpions exhaust note..

I also hear that scorpion exhausts get louder when the tide is out.

Clio182 turb Audi S5
Scorpion are pony, you'll be replacing it again in 2years once it's cracked to s**t and had it welded twice.

Clio 182
Mine snapped and fits like crap.
It's been welded, shortened and Ive had to adjust the bumper to suit the badly made tailpipes.
It also sounds gash.
I really should swap it.

Clio182 turb Audi S5
one of the lucky few my friend ! Life time gaurantee if you send the thing off... I'll have a guess most people forget ( including myself) went piper second time round, double the price but much better quality. Didn't send that one off either !

clio 182 FF + chipped
Thomas- I emailed them the other day and someone (Tom? Not sure if you now I've seen your username) spoke to my partner earlier today and the options I've been given is either drive my car from Essex to Derbyshire for someone to try to re-fit it. Or remove the exhaust and send it upto HQ for them to test the fitting.

Derby is miles away from me and I can't afford to go all that way. And I can't remove my exhaust and pay to send it to them as I can't afford to send it up there and have no exhaust until it's been tested and checked etc I need a car for work & childcare.

So I'm pretty stuffed either way :(

Did people say the rs192 fits ok? Are the two backboxes joined together?

Last edited:
Thomas- I emailed them the other day and someone (Tom? Not sure if you now I've seen your username) spoke to my partner earlier today and the options I've been given is either drive my car from Essex to Derbyshire for someone to try to re-fit it. Or remove the exhaust and send it upto HQ for them to test the fitting.

Derby is miles away from me and I can't afford to go all that way. And I can't remove my exhaust and pay to send it to them as I can't afford to send it up there and have no exhaust until it's been tested and checked etc I need a car for work & childcare.

So I'm pretty stuffed either way 😧

Did people say the rs192 fits ok? Are the two backboxes joined together?

It wasn't me he spoke to, it was another Tom.

Alan has replied back to you this morning via Email :)

Volantech CC Panels
I bought a scorpion SRN019d as well, it was second hand but decent condition. Same thing, it sits so bent, my right tip is in more than my left, I've sealed it 3 times now and still blows, all sorts of problems. To get it to sit right at the tail pipes, I figured yesterday I need to meet the manifold at an angle and have it all not sitting straight. I didn't think much of it but your situation is pretty much the same as mine so its not just me. I also have a standard exhaust with a nearly new middle box which I'm selling which may be of interest to you if you decide to get rid of the scorpion.

Clio 182
Should of went with a janspeed by ktec. Cheaper and not loud at all. Nice tone. Or you can get the silenced pipe option and it'll sound standard

Newbie004

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I have this exhaust when I brought my 182 mine was wonky. I know you have probably checked this but the two rear mounts have a kind of rubber web in them with holes for rear exhaust mounts. When the rubber webs are old they perish which causes the rear pipes to sag and twist. If they have fitted your new exhaust to old rubbers chances are changing these will pull it straight.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Any luck @diggs04 ?

I know this might not held but if you get the chance for another exhaust I had a janspeed from Ktec. I picked the quietest one they did with the centre section in and it was like standard and the fit was quality.

If you had the chance to swap I'd choose that one.

Sam.