ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So from this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Barge
EDIT: wait a sec, need to read the rest of thread!!

f**king nightmare. I'd give up on Renaults TBH.

Knowsit, Ali. Regretting the whole nightmare. But I'm well within my rights to give them the 182 back and get my own, so hopefully that'll be the outcome or I'll make their lives a misery like I did with Durham Evans Halshaw! LOL

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Damn I have to go to bed now, Can't wait for the update when I get up..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Unlucky needy, hope it gets sorted!

Update minute by minute play with the iPisch.

Barge
Yeah, their Business Manager said they'd ring me back before 10am.

Like I said, if 10.01 comes and I've had no call I'll ring them. Trying not to wind myself up TBH.

Don't get stressed.

You found this car really quickly after hardly any looking so I'm sure you'll be able to do the same again.

Barge
Thanks Sarah. :)

True, Dan. I've found one already which is pretty much the same just 6 months older. But I might just move from Renault all together if I end up getting the R27 back.

Hyundai i40
tbh id just get rid and get the blue shed (which is like a palace compared to my blue shed) back

You will never fall in love with this like you did with the R due to this shite at the start of ownership :(

Barge
That's what I said last night. It's clouded the whole experience.

Oh well. We'll see what they say. No point winding myself up over it, I'm angry yeah, especially as it's a main dealer - someone who you're supposed to be able to trust - and then this happens.

Barge
LMAO. No. I'm just finishing reading the application I'm midway through (another 5 pages of quick reading) then I'll ring them. Basically it's giving them an extra say 7 minutes.

Barge
I'm not sure I can on the iPhone. I thought you only could through Skype or something?

EDIT: Roy, they will be when I write to H.O Evans Halshaw CCing my lovely woman at RUK.

Good. I think it's quite serious. The deceit is one thing, but urging you to indulge in a spot of insurance fraud might be frowned upon even more from people in higher places.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I was thinking renault uk might be able to sort things quicker if you get nowhere with this erky.

172, Tiguan
You are forgetting that the salesman (who was on his day off yesterday btw) might have walked in this morning and found the service book.

I'm 95% sure he won't have done, but wild speculation until we are aware of an outcome is perhaps unwise.

The insurance thing will come into play if a) there is no book and b) they won't give the R27 back.

You are forgetting that the salesman (who was on his day off yesterday btw) might have walked in this morning and found the service book.

I'm 95% sure he won't have done, but wild speculation until we are aware of an outcome is perhaps unwise.

The insurance thing will come into play if a) there is no book and b) they won't give the R27 back.

I thought she had already gathered that it did not have FRSH? I may have skim read some earlier posts though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't it a main dealer? I'm sure they would be interested.

Maybe not, i'm not sure the in's and out's of it all.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Trading Standards is probably a better route.

Oh and the FSA, they don't like insurance fraud.

172, Tiguan
I'd agree with Trading Standards. Rebecca is aware of this option. RUK save listening to a complaint are going to do very little.

Barge
I thought she had already gathered that it did not have FRSH? I may have skim read some earlier posts though.

Lets clarify.

1) I was sold this car as having FRSH with the garage I purchased it from. This is not the case having gone directly to the Service department myself and asked for details of this history after the book magically wasn't in the little grey wallet. It's missing one service. 12k or 2 years - so it's missing a service from the very latest 2007.

2) They told me the book was on site at the valeting bay. They've now said they can't confirm the FSH without seeing the book. Which they haven't found yet. Adam said he "didn't know it didn't have it in the car" riiiiight. He says he's working on it now but I have to give him the chance to find it. I've told them to crack on and update me asap.

I told him if it's not there I'm getting mine back. Allowing them a couple of hours to hunt it down is all they're getting.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think you're being soft.

Haven't they had long enough. All he's doing is coming up with a plan!

Lets clarify.

1) I was sold this car as having FRSH with the garage I purchased it from. This is not the case having gone directly to the Service department myself and asked for details of this history after the book magically wasn't in the little grey wallet. It's missing one service. 12k or 2 years - so it's missing a service from the very latest 2007.

2) They told me the book was on site at the valeting bay. They've now said they can't confirm the FSH without seeing the book. Which they haven't found yet. Adam said he "didn't know it didn't have it in the car" riiiiight. He says he's working on it now but I have to give him the chance to find it. I've told them to crack on and update me asap.

I told him if it's not there I'm getting mine back. Allowing them a couple of hours to hunt it down is all they're getting.

The whole things sounds like a shambles to me. As I said earlier, I'd want out just on general principle. It's gross incompetence, or bare faced deceit. Either of which = f**k your own face.

Barge
I think you're being soft.

Haven't they had long enough. All he's doing is coming up with a plan!

He won't get me keeping the 182 anyway.

I've said firmly to him he's had over a week to find this book as I raised it last Thursday. They're hauling ass to try and find it I gather. By 12... so and hour and a half... They have to find it or I'm demanding my own back, which is still in my name as the legal owner.

It's unlikely it's there. I've said to him if they find it and there's proof it has it's 2007 or 12k service then fine. I've not really got a leg to stand on if that's the case of just going off incompetency. Bearing in mind still though that I'm yet to receive payment for the R27.

Barge
I'm not sure they'd be able to order it so quickly. Regardless. It only has 3 history with them, they won't have a stamp for another dealer... Especially not one from where it was originally daaaarn sarrrrf, so I'll be able to tell if it's lies. Plus it won't be showing any signs of age.

He told me to let him speak... I said he didn't have anything to say which interested me other than "yes, you can have your car back." LOL!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
They probably still have that years service stamp they normally just stamp them if it ain't there and say it's full service. Ya mite not agree but it comes with less stress/hassle, say you want ya book stamped and a free mot and service when it's due and ya still have a nice car. Just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.