ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So I just received my replacement Scorpion RS 192 centre exhaust section...

182 Blue Top
So after a brief chat with Jade at Scorpion exhausts I have some of the newest centre pipe replacement sections on offer for the RS192 exhaust.

A bit of history, I bought mine in July 2012 so nearly 2 years old, but has been blowing on the centre section for some time where a weld had cracked. This may or may not have been a result of a failed centre exhaust bracket, if the rubber hanger bracket goes caput and snaps, I'm sure this caused the exhaust to crack. But none the less on with the pictures...

Top down...
ORmaUbP.jpg

Close up of engraving
IrwYDSP.jpg

494-RN 16-14 (14 meaning 2014 design hopefully)

Close up of flexible olive joint
AsxE8kg.jpg

The interesting bit is the flexible joint as above, will this help solve all this olive joint woes people complain about? Mine cracked at the other end, where the small triangular bracket joins the pipe to box, for strength I assume, but also peeled the weld apart when it went! (see below)
suxuYRG.jpg

So back on track, has anyone else received this new revised design? I have a heavy duty olive joint clamp with two individual bolts, going to put high temp silicone on the clamp, inside the 'V' , which should hopefully seal well. I suppose with some flexibility there, if the clamp can be cranked right up with the silicone, the flex will be directly transferred to the sleeve mesh section in theory!

Also have some mikalor 2.5" clamps for the rear of the system, which is also blowing like a biatch, probably due in part to my poor joining skills and using no sealent when putting together first time round, new mesh clamp for the cat to manifold courtesy of Northwests, new centre hanger and also new rear hangers.

My car sounds like chavs wet dream at the moment, so bassy and hollow and puffy because of the leaks from each joint! Wish me luck putting it all back together!

Reactions: Gus
I got that new centre section on Wednesday too, same as the one in your pics. Not fitted it yet as I'm waiting for new clamps and gaskets so everything is new again. I bought my RS 192 in 2011 and it failed this winter in two places, two cracks in the actual steel sheet at the forward end of the centre silencer, both starting at the weld with the pipe. I think the olive joint will be a good solution to the fault that mine developed, mine was not down to failed hangers as they were new when I fitted it.