ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So now my car dosent Bang =[

LY 172
I mapped my car with the RSTuner pops and bangs map. so yeah it let off some lovely loud bangs and flames.

but this week i have all my belts and pullys changed, along with some new valves, gaskets, tensionser, oils, plugs, filters. now it just sort of gurgles. no real pops, and definatly no Bangs.

my question is, should i expect them to come back as the engine settles in etc ? or is that it.... might as well go and get a proper map?

Thanks in advance.

no more this atm
[video]www.facebook.com/v/10151079956370812[/video]

LY 172
pretty much my thought exactly.

but it still likes to sort of crackle when i let off like im just dumping fuel out the exhaust =[

LY R26 #288
Maybe the timings not right? Iirc the overrun map retards the ignition on the overrun. If the timing is all over the place maybe it's not working how it should? I don't know it's just a thought.

Did you have it done by Somone who knows the f4r engine?

LY 172
Yea the guy knows the engines well,
Problem was the crank locking pin was located in the balance hole, not the locking pin hole.

And it turns out a couple of HT leads have broken down. Replaced them all. And it seems to be ok at the moment.

LY R26 #288
Lol @ in the balancing hole. The locking pin won't go all the way in unless it's in the right hole iirc.

LY 172
7ygaruna.jpg

It does unfortunately.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
All the problems in this thread have been resolved now, ran 185bhp (If I remember correctly) at Tipton earlier this year and I can confirm that the pops and bangs are well and truly back (should you wish to keep them)

172 Flamer
Cool, cheers for the reply. I met Aaron yesterday & the car seemed to be fine, but then I started searching on here! Good to know it's sorted now.

I can't wait to get back in a 1*2 again!

172 Flamer
Nice! Will check vid out later - not sure my wife would appreciate the flames! Yeah let me know when the next meet is - I live in Tavistock so would def be up for attending a local meet.