ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So.....U think ur car is fast

Mk4 golf gti

I v had a trip in an evo V and f**king hell its flies like a biatch

0-60 4.4 seconds around 320 bhp

i was completly blown away how fast it feels (other fastest car iv bin in a rover 220 turbo which dnt compare at all)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i know what you mean

we (me and dad) looked at/drove a caterham R500 last week

i would swear but theres a childs bike outside.

my mates just bought a supra twin turbo 3.0 Reall good fun, goes round corners well to, took an island at 40 with Traction controll off, that i can just manage to get round at 35. It just makes me laugh when we sit at over 100 and it pulls off like your just starting to move. Funny car! Love it! lol

so you think those cars are fast? anyone been on bikes? quickest thing i have been on is a Hayabusa and a Ninja, both get to 60 in less then 3 secs, and go on to 180ish MPH, they are fookin mental, really blew me away

Yawn....:sleep:.....you want to try strapping yourself to the the space shuttles booster rockets. 0-60 in 0.001 seconds and no brakes.

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 09 May 2003

i know what you mean

we (me and dad) looked at/drove a caterham R500 last week

i would swear but theres a childs bike outside.
Yes I been in a r500 it was a comma one.... my mate works there. 500bhp per tonn... mmmmmmm

I think its more than that..its got the best bhp per ton of any car out at the moment. I drive one quite regulary and its hard to get to grips with, a bit too much power imo though great fun all the same, i found teh R300 better to drive but ive heard an R400 is out now.

-Rob

Nissan R35 GT-R

I was looking at doing my own R1000. Wanted to build a ~400kg car powered by a Suzuki Hayabusa engine with a full steel bottom end and turbocharge it!

I will do eventually, but time just wont be on my side this year. :(

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 09 May 2003

I think its more than that..its got the best bhp per ton of any car out at the moment. I drive one quite regulary and its hard to get to grips with, a bit too much power imo though great fun all the same, i found teh R300 better to drive but ive heard an R400 is out now.

-Rob
No seriously thats why its called a r500 its 500 bhp per tonn.... it puts out about 240 bhp or something.... but is light as feck....

Duh should of realised that! Its bloody quick though, some in gear figures are on par with the Mac F1, and the sensastion is more when theres just a windscreen to protect you and your arse is almost on the ground!

However when i got a go in a Formula Renault you would not believe how fast it can go round corners.

-Rob

I own R500 and they are great and agree they are dangerous. Obviously you need a track to get to full potential but it takes a long time to get to grips with and that feeling of acceleration...............

Bye Bye

Evo VII Extreme is awsome, mates dad works for RalliArt so he brings them home all the time, never been in anything that sticks to the road like it!!

Evo. hmm. 4.4seconds? hmm.

One word for you. Skyline. A lad my dad knows one had one imported from Japan. Very nice car. 0-60 in - well, by the time id realised id cacked myself, it was doing 100. Bazz has been in my car before, hell tell you how fast mine is ;)

mk2 172

i was in a ralliart evo 7 extreme s or something in birmingham and we raced a diablo on the open road, apparently it was bout 380bhp, and it felt it!

it was black and reg was 5 *B

know it bazz?

my mate has a R33 skyline twin turbo.. i was out in it when i got back from karting on friday as a passenger, made my r5gtt feel like a 250cc engine afterwards!!!!!!!!

BMW 320d Sport

yeah talking about bikes....I always thought bikes were the fastest thing on the roads...but now for the first time Ive got a proper fast car of my own, Im no so sure. The amount of times I get held up on the roads by bikes that cant keep the pace, or bottle it on bends. Well I suppose Id slow down for bends on a bike, but not being a rider I never really thought about it before. All I know is I can keep my speed through a bend and bikes really really cant - however quick and fancy they are on the straight? Any bikers want to enlighten me on the way of the motorbike?

2012 WRX Waggon

bike / cars simply boils down to degree of bottle.

I had a KLX650 with 17" rims on metzler rubber - I wore away the toe sliders on my Alpinestars on roundabouts - but no way would I push it as far as my Clio.

U get a hell of alot more chances in a Car, back wheel breaks away on a bike and ur over the highside (uless ur a rear wheel steering track god!) in a car its something people practice.

What was the owners name Craggy? Never been in anything as fast as that extreme in my life, my next car i think (i wish)!

mk2 172

cant remember his name mate, it was black, had ralliart sunstrp, full roll cage, a mental flame thrower antilag and could do the lambo bottom end and match it to 160, it was an "Extreme S" or something, the guy was like a rally driver too, metal,both of the drivers were mental, i was on top of the world for about a week after that. it was at the sports car show in birminghham. also raced a tvr and a 400bhp 300zx, all on the normal roads.

one word, crazy, he cops turned a blind eye to it too cos it was for charity

craggy

Quote: Originally posted by nfbr on 12 May 2003

Strange. Usually bikes are far better on the bends
Whos seen the Clarkson Video where they race a Porshe GT3 (i think) and a R1 round a track. Cars carry much more speed through the bends.

Na not one of the ones i know of, yeah when there driven by people that know how they fly, dont seem to have a maximum grip point they just stick! Police probably couldnt catch them anyway!